Has anyone had an LEO in Massachusetts

Thread: Has anyone had an LEO in Massachusetts

Has anyone had an LEO in Massachusetts

New to the forum, if anyone can give a real life example, or where to find it I would appreciate it. Just renewed LTC from 1994, and still waiting. I know common sence rules here, but is it the law in Massachusetts that you have to inform the officer?
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms . . ."
    - SAMUEL ADAMS

3. You do not have to inform LEO in Massachusetts.

If the LEO initiates the encounter for a reason of police business, You bet I inform them...

Any other time... No...

I just err on the side of caution..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by usvet View Post
    New to the forum, if anyone can give a real life example, or where to find it I would appreciate it. Just renewed LTC from 1994, and still waiting. I know common sence rules here, but is it the law in Massachusetts that you have to inform the officer?

I've been a member since Dec. 2009 and this question has come up a few times, one person asked: "I was in a greasy spoon eating lunch and there were 3 cops at a table eating as well, should I tell them I am packing"

The answer is Hell No ! You do not have to run around telling LEO's that you are carrying .... it's silly if you do ! No one is that important that we need to inform a LEO every time we see one.

Imagine ... ... you are walking through Wal-Mart and you see a cop ..... Hey Mister Officer "I got a gun, but it's OK cause I got a CWP" That officer will think you're on the strange side.

6. I agree, unless the LEO asked I wouldn't volunteer the info. When I first got my LTC, I also thought that I would simply hand my permit along with my DL. When I was pulled over the first time while I was carrying, I just thought to my self I don't have time for this, volunteering additional info may just start a conversation that I don't care to have. Especially if that starts a fishing expedition.