First Stop After Getting CHL - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Stop After Getting CHL

1. Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    ....and, Two, it's a Jeep. It's supposed to be dirty. No self-respecting Jeep owner drives around without a little mud on it.
    Hah, reminds me of a Jeep I saw in a parking lot near my home. There were a couple of ladies and a guy getting into it as we arrived and it was so completely covered in mud that I had to ask, "What color is it?" one of the ladies responded, "I forget."

Anyway, I've decided to make a new thread since my reply here was getting overly lengthy. Still wish my first stop after getting the CPL went as well as this one. That said, I've NEVER gotten a warning. Nobody in my immediate family has ever gotten a warning. It's just reality for us. We're always respectful and full of "Yes sir, no sir," but it doesn't seem to help us. :P

3. 1130 PM stop with a "dirty plate?" Thats like a plate lightbulb light out stop, fishing for a DUI. Sounds like a good LEO doing some proactive policing. I wish all stops went as smoothly as yours did.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible_Dave View Post
    1130 PM stop with a "dirty plate?" Thats like a plate lightbulb light out stop, fishing for a DUI. Sounds like a good LEO doing some proactive policing. I wish all stops went as smoothly as yours did.
    It does irk me when going the speed limit or just under is suspicion for a DUI. I've been stopped once for 15 mph over, ticket written for 10 over, and 21 mph over, ticketed for 21 over. Within a week of each other. The Colcord, OK police and the Arkansas state trooper suggested I slow down. Now I don't know who to listen to. Maybe I should stay off the damn interstates!
    The mighty oak was once a little nut who held it's ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible_Dave View Post
    Thats like a plate lightbulb light out stop...
    I was stopped for that once. The bulb was working fine...

got stopped about a month ago for rolling through a stop sign on my own block. actually i pulled over when i saw the police car, before he even moved to get me. i had my p9 in my pocket and wondered if i should mention it. i gave the leo my license and reg and a pba card from a good friend on the force, and told him i rolled through the sign, he asked how well i knew my officer friend ,we go back 20 years i told him. he said have a nice day and left. i never brought up the gun and he couldnt see it. so it wasnt an issue. ive heard some say most leo's wont ticket people with ccw licenses, dont know if its true. cant say if i ever get stopped again i wont mention it, will see how it goes.

Arkansas speed limits, SC cops

I work in Arkansas a good bit. Got pulled on a back road doing 38 over. I asked the officer if there was anything we could do about my ticket (which he wrote as 15 over). He said "Boy, you're lucky I'm not taking you to jail!" I agree.

Regarding the police and CWP, my instructor said that most police in South Carolina are pretty cool to CWP holders, even letting tickets go. Of course, there is the occasional exception.

Best to all,
    I

He probably had one of those gizmos that reads license plates and runs 'em on a database. And it probably glitched due to the dirt, so he went after ya. I'm sure BG's routinely muck up their plates.

GSh

That's a great story. I laughed pretty good...thanks. Have yet to have that first experience, but I'm sure it is bound to happen sooner or later. Be safe.
    I'm not sure how the third world war will be fought, but I do know how the fourth will....with rocks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12