angry - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: angry

Quote Originally Posted by RDW View Post
    Tinker, some times we go off on a tangent. Don't let it stop you from posting, there are a lot of really good people with a lot of good info on this site. I'm sorry if I derailed your post. No hard feelings? Randy
    No hard feelings Randy i won't stop posting i really like this forum and have learned a lot from y'all
    Dawn
    (RIA .45 cs)
    Thou shall not murder... Deut. 5:17 By definition murder is the taking of innocent life. If a criminal is coming at me, they are not innocent. Bang! Bang!

Second I would like to say that he is PRESIDENT BUSH. Not Mr Bush,not Bush, not Bushy or any of that crap. I did not like President Carter but he is STILL President Carter. I did not like President Clinton, but he is STILL President Clinton. They will hold this title from now on. As much as I hate to say it, or write it we now have President Obama. We respect the office even if we do not respect or agree with the person holding it.
    Not disagreeing with you at all, but a legit question: does this apply if a president is removed from office?

On topic: That is out of line. Consult an attorney; file a complaint

Two things

First a little about me. I am old, grouchy, a vet and an ex-cop. I am one step to the left of anarchy. That is to say that I am way right of both the republicans and democrats.

Second I would like to say that he is PRESIDENT BUSH. Not Mr Bush,not Bush, not Bushy or any of that crap. I did not like President Carter but he is STILL President Carter. I did not like President Clinton, but he is STILL President Clinton. They will hold this title from now on. As much as I hate to say it, or write it we now have President Obama. We respect the office even if we do not respect or agree with the person holding it.
    RDW

I could not have said it better , we as Americans do not have to like the man buy need to respect the office as it is part of what makes this country great .

stimpy

Not taking sides here, but.............MAYBE the 16 yo "fit" the discription of a break-in OR previous breaks and the officer was doing his/her job for questioning until everything was confirmed. As far as the ride to the grandp., MAYBE it was right around the corner from where the stop was made? Who knows, I really do not see anything wrong with the "stop" but the ride..yes.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

6. Quote Originally Posted by chroode View Post
    Tell the mother to call a civil rights attorney immeadiately
    Absolutely!!!!!

I had something like that happen to me once while skipping school in Anaheim. I got stopped, and told the officer I was returning home to get something, typical lame 15-yr old nonsense, but, after he searched me and all that, he agreed to let me go on my way home. Followed me all the way. This doesn't make it right, but at least they gave your son a ride. Mine was about a five-mile hike in 90+ heat; bussing and all that, you know. Sorry to hear of this, but it happens. Be thankful he wasn't doing anything wrong. You can sue them, but it will take years, and if you do win, yhey will just appeal, tying it up for years again. Very expensive, too. The gov doesn't have to pay to file writs and motions, but you do.

A guy I know ended up in LA County Jail for back child support. He was there several days waiting for a trial, and his cellmates were both large (over 6', 200 lbs), African-American gang members; my friend is white, pudgy at 5'10" and 175 lbs, from some little town in South Dakota. and had no clue how to act or anything. The judge ordered him released, but the Jail Administration held him overnight anyway.

During which he was attacked in his sleep, beaten, had his scull fractured, and was raped several times by his cellmates. Both turned out to be three-strikers going away for a long time; they had nothing to lose. The Trustees on duty (prisoners who've "earned" the priveledge to watch things in locked areas, work in the kitchen, etc) ignored the whole thing; he was found unconscious next morning when they came to turn him loose.

He sued the State of california, City of Los Angeles, LA County, everyone he could. I think it might even have been on video; the cellmates were both convicted on several counts. This was in 1998. About two years ago, he won his case: something like two million dollars. the other side immediately appealed, and it's likely that his grandchildren will actually end up with the money.

Not only did this NOT make the papers (did you ever hear about it? I swear to God it happened), the court treated it like a property dispute or something, taking years to try it. They fought about the money. Claims of responsibility. They didn't even pick up his hospital tab; he's probably still paying on it. And he still gets tested for HIV every six months, all negative so far. I think he'll be alright there.

Count your blessings; it could have been a lot worse.

KBV

Quote Originally Posted by stimpylu32 View Post
    RDW

I could not have said it better , we as Americans do not have to like the man buy need to respect the office as it is part of what makes this country great .

stimpy
    Exactly.

On some other forum, a Canadian was saying something like: "Typical self-centered American. Your country voted for him, so you have to respect him."

My reply was along the lines of:

"As long as there is free will, I am not obligated to respect any person, especially one who acts directly against my beliefs and interests.

I love my country, but I respect the office, not the man."

Back on subject, if that doesn't detract from the political tirates, my only concern is the cuffing the youth.
    If there were a lot of breakins/burglaries, the cops seem to have been trying to do their job. I personnally don't believe they have any obligation to give someone a ride.

As for as getting an attorney, how the hell do you thing this country got so screwed up?? Paricularly the ACLU, get serious.

angry

First, most police departments now have a rule that anyone taken into custody be handcuffed. 2nd, I don't argue that no one has aright to a ride, but if you,ve ever walked five or ten miles back to your car after being released from custody, only to pass the arresting officer a block later, you have to wonder why he couldn't have been cool about it and given you a ride. 3rd, after everything I went through up north (the police literally declared war on me and harrassed me to the point a judge told them to lay off), I spent two years tryig to find a lawyer to take the case, which was so blatent it's almost funny; no one, not the local "underdog" attorney, the ACLU, Legal Aid, or any of the other at least two dozen lawyers I contacted would touch my case. Even the networks didn't want in on that one.

The only other thing that might have bearing on this situation is: how was the young man dressed? If he had on baggy pants, etc, and especially if he was wearing anything with a local gang's "colors" on it; hat, headband, neckerchief, etc, that might have had something to do with his being hauled in. It's a shame the world has gotten this way, but even the Arizona Rangers, a non-empowered auxilliary organization, issues bullet-proof vests to everyone as soon as they are accepted, at no cost. I believe firearm education is one key to bringing down the gun violence, along with community action to provide kids with something to do besides wander the streets aimlessly or play gory video games. To the police, unless they know you, anyone can turn out to be a real threat to their lives, and I personally cannot blame them for taking precautions, though I think they often overstep their boundaries. I am just glad the kid didn't make any fast moves or anything that might have gotten him killed. "Profiling" is not right, but it is also not likely to go away. My policy is not to ask for trouble, and that includes how I dress, act, and, especially, respond to the police if stopped. Keep in mind, there is safety in numbers, and there are a lot of LEAs out there; they pretty much do as they please, and I keep that in mind at all times. Thank you, and keep your powder dry. KBV
    Last edited by kbv; 08-17-2009 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Mispelled a word.

KVB
    the kid wasn't in custody he was just being questioned, also he is a very clean cut kid he isn't into the baggy pants thing thank goodness
    we don't live in a "bad" neighborhood and on the outskirts of Orlando, Kind of in the "sticks"
    (RIA .45 cs)
    Thou shall not murder... Deut. 5:17 By definition murder is the taking of innocent life. If a criminal is coming at me, they are not innocent. Bang! Bang!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast