Michigan here, Im being forced to open carry!! - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51

Thread: Michigan here, Im being forced to open carry!!

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Man Legally Carrying Gun Robbed at Gunpoint - TODAY'S TMJ4


    Man Legally Carrying Gun Robbed at Gunpoint

    By Melanie Stout

    MILWAUKEE - A Milwaukee man found out the hard way that carrying a gun for protection doesn't always keep you safe. In fact, it may have made him a target.


    He said his case proves gun owners should have the right to carry concealed weapons.

    Clark agrees. "By and large it is a significant deterrent, open carry is, but I think it really does make the point that Wisconsin should have concealed carry along with open carry so that people who live in a very high crime neighborhood where criminals aren't deterred by firearms would have the ability to conceal carry to protect themselves. The two really work hand in hand," Clark said.


    Man Legally Carrying Gun Robbed at Gunpoint - TODAY'S TMJ4

    You were saying?
    And the line I put in bold above is the primary reason many people doubt this actually occurred. More than a few think it was staged to help get a concealed carry law passed in Wisconsin.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

  2.   
  3. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by kcim1979 View Post
    ricbac has it right. In michigan the only type of carry in pistol free zones such as a church,school,bank,bar,etc....is open carry. You can not conceal carry in these zones. When you open carry in these zones you must have a valid CPL License in your possession.
    Actually, you can carry concealed in a church if you have the approval of the head(s) of that church. You would be surprised at how many do. If the church is conservative in nature, they tend to have more than a few who work as volunteer security.

    And banks are only pistol free zones to those who have no license. With a CPL you can conceal carry in any bank that is NOT a federal reserve bank. In fact, except for those banks that are posted, most would likely prefer that you do conceal, so as not to upset the sheep.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

  4. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by unas2k5 View Post
    I read the requirments needed to obtain a CPL in Michigan and I did not meet those strict requirments. I have no felonies BUT because I've had a suspended license I am not allowed toave a CPL ( Not allowed to bear arms and protect myself!) which in my opinion isn't fair at all. There is also a 7 year waiting period just because I'ce had a suspended license! That is why I feel that I am forced to open carry! I would much rather carry it concealed.


    If I had a CPL or knew about Open Carry I wouldn't have been robbed a couple weeks ago. I noticed 2 black males in Detroit sneaking up behind me and one of my friends. I could've done something about it if I OC or CC! I'm always aware of what's around me. I was EXTRA causious becasue I was in Detroit.


    I think it's stupid and makes no sense that I can OPEN CARRY but not carry concealed!

    I will be purchasing a glock 22 soon.


    Your thoughts?
    My thoughts are that this thread belongs in a different forum, not LEO encounters.
    Oh, and the G22 is a great weapon.

  5. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Oh, and the G22 is a great weapon.
    No arguments from me on that one. Carry it in a Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster system.

  6. #45
    this isnt true your license cant be suspended twice ive had a suspended license paid all my tickets and applied for my for carry permit and got it

  7. #46

    Question

    I live in Michigan and I have a CCW permit. I didn't know you could open carry in Michigan? Could someon enlighten me on this????
    I will look towards the hills from whense cometh my help. All my help cometh from the Lord.

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern North Carolina
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLM View Post
    I live in Michigan and I have a CCW permit. I didn't know you could open carry in Michigan? Could someon enlighten me on this????
    OpenCarry.org - State Information For Michigan

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYBOB44 View Post
    To start with-You chose to live in the state-you have to live with their laws. With that out of the way-YES it is BS if it is true that your carry permit is held up for 7years due to a lic. suspension. Think of this-not too many years ago-ALL hand gun carry outside of ones property was illegal. Another thought on Open Carry=if 2 bad guys robbed you before-what do you think 3-4 of them will do when they notice you in the Open Carry mode? That's when 1 or2 of them get your attention, and the others take your gun away from you! Then they have not only robbed you of something worth $, you have added another hot gun to the streets!! IMO in some cases Open Carry can be more dangerous than no carry at all.
    Interesting scenario but like all I've seen from those attacking Open Carry, it seems to be made from a not all that imaginative imagination. I have not seen any real story of civilians being shot first because they were open carrying or of them being targeted to steal their gun. I don't open carry but I don't try to disparage those who do either.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by maybejim:235173
    Interesting scenario but like all I've seen from those attacking Open Carry, it seems to be made from a not all that imaginative imagination. I have not seen any real story of civilians being shot first because they were open carrying or of them being targeted to steal their gun. I don't open carry but I don't try to disparage those who do either.
    Treo's post is the only one that comes close to an open carrier being targeted. That story is still assuming the reason of the attack, but doesn't have any real confession.

    If assumptions are the base of a"good" argument, I can assume all concealed carrier attacks, where there is no confession from the bad guy (either ran away or died), were caused by concealing the weapon.

  11. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLM View Post
    I live in Michigan and I have a CCW permit. I didn't know you could open carry in Michigan? Could someon enlighten me on this????
    For future reference, if you go to any state websites like, Michigan Open Carry, Inc. | Nothing to hide! I'd recommend you refer to your "permit" by it's proper designation of a CPL. (Concealed Pistol License) Some people take offense at calling it a permit, and I don't know why. Also, make sure you use the initials CPL, not CCW. They take offense to that sometimes too.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast