Brass Knuckles Legality - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brass Knuckles Legality

Ohio, you would be going to jail! But really why even bother carrying, unless you are wearing it all the time! By the time you get those suckers on, you will have a gun drawn on you or have your ass handed to you before you even slip your fingers into them.

Arrow SC Law

SECTION 16-23-460. Carrying concealed weapons; forfeiture of weapons.

(A) A person carrying a deadly weapon usually used for the infliction of personal injury concealed about his person is guilty of a misdemeanor, must forfeit to the county, or, if convicted in a municipal court, to the municipality, the concealed weapon, and must be fined not less than two hundred dollars nor more than five hundred dollars or imprisoned not less than thirty days nor more than ninety days.

(B) The provisions of this section do not apply to:

(1) A person carrying a concealed weapon upon his own premises or pursuant to and in compliance with Article 4, Chapter 31 of Title 23; or

(2) peace officers in the actual discharge of their duties.

(C) The provisions of this section also do not apply to rifles, shotguns, dirks, slingshots, metal knuckles, knives, or razors unless they are used with the intent to commit a crime or in furtherance of a crime.

Brass knuckles are illegal in Alabama. Can be fined $50.00 to $500.00 and six months in county jail.

5. So to sum it up I think brass knuckles are illegal everywhere. I'm on my phone so I can't quote but reading the stat from Washington I think my 3inch knife is illegal there wtf! To open you hold it from the side and press down on a certain part and the blade slides up from the other side. It's not mechanical or a switch blade but it basically said any knife that can be extracted without having to physically pull the blade out

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    So to sum it up I think brass knuckles are illegal everywhere. I'm on my phone so I can't quote but reading the stat from Washington I think my 3inch knife is illegal there wtf! To open you hold it from the side and press down on a certain part and the blade slides up from the other side. It's not mechanical or a switch blade but it basically said any knife that can be extracted without having to physically pull the blade out
    Wow. My little pink Kershaw pocket knife with open assist has just made me a criminal! Don't mess with me! I'm a baaaad chica!

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    I don't worry about brass knuckles or the like, just my .02

If I'm that close to someone who is likely bigger, meaner, faster and more evil than I am well, I'm gunna likely be toast. I know that hand to hand and associated gun retention is an important consideration and sometimes i wish I'd spend more time with it...

Anyway, I am too lazy to look into my states laws regarding brass knuckles. :-(
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Wow. My little pink Kershaw pocket knife with open assist has just made me a criminal! Don't mess with me! I'm a baaaad chica!
    Maybe not. Define "pull". Can "push" suffice? If so, you must push (or pull) the thumb stud to start the action and is not therefore an "auto" knife, right? I'm not a lawyer so maybe someone who is on the cutting edge of knife law can comment on this. ;-)
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    So to sum it up I think brass knuckles are illegal everywhere.
    That is incorrect, in SC they are not unless you are using them to commit a crime.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12