what about bear spray
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what about bear spray

what about bear spray

Currently on a trip from SC to northeast and it is obvious that having a firearm is a fruitless exercise in not following the laws of several states for gun carry concealed or even in car. Even in SC, there are sufficient restrictions that do not exactly make it the easiest or most lawful way to protect one's self.---ie evening dinner in restaurant that serves alcohol prohibits my CC. For self defense with a bit of distance involved, I have thoughts about carrying a cannister of bear spray. Any thoughts? Always the possibility of a taser but they are a little more "complicated" cost wise etal.

Ideas.

P.S. Products Blast Knuckles Stun Gun, 950,000 Volts, Black
    2-PSZAPBK950 - P.S. Products Blast Knuckles Stun Gun, 950,000 Volts, Black

Inferno Pepper Spray
    Pepper Spray : Inferno by Cold Steel

Check the state laws about carrying of the spray and the tazers because some states outlaw the for carry.
    NRA CRSO and Instructor: Certified Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Certified Home Firearm Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim
    SABRE Civilian Safety Awareness Program Instructor

5. The only thing allowed in NYS is small, nondisguised 10% pepper spray.

Choose a table way at the back of the restaurant near the exit. You'll be right, mate!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

7. Go with a good, streaming pepper spray, preferably one with a hard plastic case that can be used as a yawara stick or impact weapon.
    Be aware that legality of size and potency of pepper sprays varies among states.
    Also, get involved with a good hand-to-hand system designed for combat, not sports. One need not be a black belt to defend themselves effectively.

When I sit, I always sit with my back to the wall watching the front door, life is short no reason to make it shorter.

Also check out "Pepper Guns". Some brands come with water-based "practice" cartridges so you can get comfortable with the usage and effectiveness etc. I even think Kimber makes one. And +1 to checking the laws, some states and localities have very strict laws on non-lethal weapons and their usage/ concealment.
    "You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." (Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller, USMC, 1962.)
    Land Of The Free... Void Where Prohibited By Law.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    When I sit, I always sit with my back to the wall watching the front door, life is short no reason to make it shorter.

Ditto!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Quote Originally Posted by dcmarky View Post
    The only thing allowed in NYS is small, nondisguised 10% pepper spray.
    This explains the laws in NY: Is Bear Spray (Bear Repellent) Legal in NYS?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast