Tactical Pens any good? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Pens any good?

Its not a pen gun we are talking about.

Most of these tactical pens are capped I thought? No push button no twisty. Tactical is over used, but that's their name.

I need more money for more stuff.

These tactical pens, can it be transported by plane internationally...which brand is safe to bring overseas?

Dangit! more accessories!!!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Maybe I am missing the boat on these pens but it seems to me that the only people who can use something like this with any hope of it doing its intended self defense job is someone who is fairly competent in close defense combat; I would guess that the majority of this forum's members, including myself, are not in this category. A stun gun, on the other hand, only requires the pushing of a button and no twisting of caps, turning it around, finding a spot to attack etal, which are the requirements of this pen. Furthermore, Tucker's Mom mentions air travel---I would think some Homeland Security Agent will have a nice present once the unit is discovered and taken away. With a little distance sans firearm, at least pepper spray or equivalent gives you an edge over the pen. Guess I just do not get the "pen".

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry:230063
    Maybe I am missing the boat on these pens but it seems to me that the only people who can use something like this with any hope of it doing its intended self defense job is someone who is fairly competent in close defense combat; I would guess that the majority of this forum's members, including myself, are not in this category. A stun gun, on the other hand, only requires the pushing of a button and no twisting of caps, turning it around, finding a spot to attack etal, which are the requirements of this pen. Furthermore, Tucker's Mom mentions air travel---I would think some Homeland Security Agent will have a nice present once the unit is discovered and taken away. With a little distance sans firearm, at least pepper spray or equivalent gives you an edge over the pen. Guess I just do not get the "pen".
    I guess you can say its just another tool in the tool box. Because I carry a pen all the time, replacing it with something that won't break if I use it would be nice. Have you every heard the advice of placing your car keys in your fist (like wolverine) at night while walking to your car in case of a bad guy to make a more affective strike? I think this kind of pen fulfills a great non lethal solution for those who are physically able.

The airport thing is a good point. But a stun gun, tazer, pepper spray, etc will all be taken from you if you don't secure it in your check on bag. I would do the same with these pens.

Quote Originally Posted by cullersjr View Post
    The S&W pens Write very good. I got some for my wife and Daughters. They have to be at class and work late. And I feel they need to have a way to protect themselves at all times.
    This pen is great. It's made of aircraft grade aluminum, has a checkered grip for retention, has a very sharp point and is heavy. It's also about an inch longer than the average pen. It can be used as a pointing device into one's ribs for body control, as a strike device, to control a perp through wrist locks and to jab well into the rib area. I have one with me everywere I go. You can get them for $25 on ebay. The write well and hold parker or cross refills.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S-W-Smith-We...item53e8c841b7
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Any pen or pencil can be tactical. The point of these is that they are more durable, so they will stand up to repeated striking/stabbing. And the "DNA collection" is just because you're using a hollow object that (GROOSSSSS) will nearly always collect (EWWWWW) some of your attacker's skin, blood, or (AAACK) muscle tissue.

haha you beat me to the puch RDC2CO...!

I have the S&W tac pen and some other ones. What I did was strip the finish on them and I used duracot on one and cerakote on the other one. I made them look as civilian pens.

You are correct, get the ones that use the common refills, because you rally do not want to buy a $18 pen and when the refill is done you need to get a $25.00 refill, yeah not cool.

I'm not going to say the mark of the vendor, out of respect..but they know who they are...Oh they know...!

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    1- Penguns are considered AOW under NFA rules.

2- Any product that is labled as "tactical" is obviously a better product than one that isn't "tactical"
    How do you like my tactical toilet paper?
    Attached Images Attached Images Tactical Pens any good?-tactical-tp.jpg 
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Thanks for the response but pepper spray is not allowed on international travel to Australia for a looooonnnnggg time. I've been trying to buy a small can for travel overseas for over 10 years now...<sigh>
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

11. Last I saw tactical pens are not allowed on US aircraft unless in checked bags. Also the UZI pen does work with a twisting motion,while the problem with my early S&W pen is when you unscrew the cap to write, the cap does not screw on the other end of the pen. The new S&W pens do have threads on the top of the pen to hold the cap while writing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast