Carrying a cane or stick in Florida - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Carrying a cane or stick in Florida

  1. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    why would you disarm when going into a bar?
    Because alcohol and guns don't mix very well. It the responsible thing to do.

    Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

  2.   
  3. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by muddog15 View Post
    Because alcohol and guns don't mix very well. It the responsible thing to do.
    1. nonsense, maybe you and some other people have issues with remaining responsible while enjoying alcoholic beverages doesn't mean that everyone who has a beer or two while armed becomes a murderous madman because he was armed while drinking.
    2. just because someone enters a bar doesn't automatically mean that they intend to consume alcoholic beverages

    the reality is that there is no laws in FLA regarding entering establishments that have bars while armed, only people who perpetuate myths
    WARNING:
    This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

  4. BS, one, I don't drink I haven't been able to drink for years. And it has been proven a zillion times that some people can get pure stupid when they drink. It's a human thing. Some people get very violent when they drink. Maybe you haven't been around long enough to have learned that yet.

    Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    1. nonsense, maybe you and some other people have issues with remaining responsible while enjoying alcoholic beverages doesn't mean that everyone who has a beer or two while armed becomes a murderous madman because he was armed while drinking.
    2. just because someone enters a bar doesn't automatically mean that they intend to consume alcoholic beverages

    the reality is that there is no laws in FLA regarding entering establishments that have bars while armed, only people who perpetuate myths
    I knew a guy who had a cap that had the following written on it, "Instant a$$-hole, just add alcohol!"

    It was so VERY true in his case. I have seen many others who could have worn that cap also!

    When I carry I do not drink alcohol at all. If you want to, then that would be up to you. I know many others who feel the same as I do. IMHO if I ever had to use my weapon in self defense alcohol could cause a problem with the Prosecutor or if there was a civil suit.

    I feel that carrying is a huge responsibility that I do not take lightly. I do drink alcohol but at the most 2 drinks at any one time. And that is mostly at home. To each their own.

  6. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    I knew a guy who had a cap that had the following written on it, "Instant a$$-hole, just add alcohol!"

    It was so VERY true in his case. I have seen many others who could have worn that cap also!

    When I carry I do not drink alcohol at all. If you want to, then that would be up to you. I know many others who feel the same as I do. IMHO if I ever had to use my weapon in self defense alcohol could cause a problem with the Prosecutor or if there was a civil suit.

    I feel that carrying is a huge responsibility that I do not take lightly. I do drink alcohol but at the most 2 drinks at any one time. And that is mostly at home. To each their own.
    that is your's and the other guy's issue, I am not prone into becoming an instant ahole because I've had a beer or two, shared a bottle of wine or downed a few shots of whiskey. some people are wired better than others. as for civil suits, as long as it is a "righteous" shot, here in FLA you are protected from civil suits. FWIW this is why they tried to get zimmerman's shooting to be deemed unwarranted, that would have opened up the path to riches for the poverty pimps
    WARNING:
    This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by muddog15 View Post
    BS, one, I don't drink I haven't been able to drink for years. And it has been proven a zillion times that some people can get pure stupid when they drink. It's a human thing. Some people get very violent when they drink. Maybe you haven't been around long enough to have learned that yet.
    your inability to be able to consume alcohol is YOUR and only YOUR issue, don't think that YOUR issues apply to anyone but YOURSELF! maybe you haven't been around long enough to have learned that one size never fits all
    WARNING:
    This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    that is your's and the other guy's issue, I am not prone into becoming an instant ahole because I've had a beer or two, shared a bottle of wine or downed a few shots of whiskey. some people are wired better than others. as for civil suits, as long as it is a "righteous" suit here in FLA you are protected from civil suits. FWIW this is why they tried to get zimmerman's shooting to be deemed unwarranted, that would have opened up the path to riches for the poverty pimps
    It is true that people handle alcohol differently. I could possibly handle a couple of drinks and still be ok. Different states have different laws and I do worry about ambulance chasers!!!!

  9. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    your inability to be able to consume alcohol is YOUR and only YOUR issue, don't think that YOUR issues apply to anyone but YOURSELF! maybe you haven't been around long enough to have learned that one size never fits all
    I never did say or think that dufus , I worked in the police field for over 20 years. I have heard about plenty of similar cases where the drunk or the fool that was drinking with a gun on him went to jail and was charged and lost in court. So just mosey on and do your thing. As far as I'm concerned this discussion is over, your taking things personally and that's not what this is about. Just like a liberial with your personal attacks.

    Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

  10. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    that is your's and the other guy's issue, I am not prone into becoming an instant ahole because I've had a beer or two, shared a bottle of wine or downed a few shots of whiskey. some people are wired better than others. as for civil suits, as long as it is a "righteous" shot, here in FLA you are protected from civil suits. FWIW this is why they tried to get zimmerman's shooting to be deemed unwarranted, that would have opened up the path to riches for the poverty pimps
    You are not protected from gross negligence. See my other post to the other guy. The Zimmerman case was completely different than drinking in a public bar with a gun.

    Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

  11. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by muddog15 View Post
    I never did say or think that dufus , I worked in the police field for over 20 years. I have heard about plenty of similar cases where the drunk or the fool that was drinking with a gun on him went to jail and was charged and lost in court. So just mosey on and do your thing. As far as I'm concerned this discussion is over, your taking things personally and that's not what this is about. Just like a liberial with your personal attacks.
    you must be delusional, that is exactly what you said.
    WARNING:
    This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast