What to consider in a good tactical self-defense knife - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What to consider in a good tactical self-defense knife

The last thing you want to get into is a knife fight...I honestly think I'd rather be shot in a gun fight then stabbed or slashed in a knife fight. Google knife fight injuries and you'll see why...no one, even the "winner" of a knife fight wins...

Too many "Mall-Ninja-swat-team-cop-SF-Chuck-Norris-Steven-Seagal-wannabees" here.

If you are going to close in on a BG for a knife fight, why not avoid the criminal charges by running instead!

-Doc
    Last edited by Bighouse Doc; 11-16-2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc:243799
    Too many "Mall-Ninja-swat-team-cop-SF-Chuck-Norris-Steven-Seagal-wannabees" here.

If you are going to close in on a BG for a knife fight, why not avoid the criminal charges by running instead!

-Doc
    If you don't like the discussion, there are plenty of other threads...might I suggest you go find one?

Quote Originally Posted by KCD1974:243696
    The last thing you want to get into is a knife fight...I honestly think I'd rather be shot in a gun fight then stabbed or slashed in a knife fight. Google knife fight injuries and you'll see why...no one, even the "winner" of a knife fight wins...
    No one wants to get into a knife fight. Including me. But if I ever end up in one, I intend to be the guy who survives. Same as a gunfight! Google those pictures, too if you want. But you still carry a gun, don't you? Really, your logic escapes me. But that's not what this post is about.

I am looking for helpful suggestions as to the selection of a good tactical knife. So...any suggestions?

My .02

While taking a shooting class a knife was introduced as a posibility and how to handle it posibility, I found it informative the 2 intructors said it's personal choice they suggested kaybar tdi as carry conceal knife on off-side

Quote Originally Posted by Providence Ranch View Post
    ....No one wants to get into a knife fight. Including me. ...
    Then draw your gun, or RUN!

If you decide to close in to fight with a knife, it no longer is self defense but mutual combat!

-Doc

Talking

The emerson cqc is a great blade.

Or you could get a smiley and swing for the fences. They do a LOT of damage and give you pretty good reach.
    -Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Why bring a knife to a gunfight?

-Doc
    Pick up his knife after the gun fight.

Tons of different options available. I like Kershaws collaborations with Ken Onion. Whirlwind, Blur, Leek etc. If youve got the money to spend, Emerson seems like a good dude to support. Check out Bram Frank's gunting family. This is a very versatile knife meant to be used CLOSED. Zero tolerance knives have been catching my eye lately, and again- you can't go wrong with spyderco.

I carry a Blackie Collins Meyerco Necklance as part of my EDC. Fixed blade double edge. Middle of the road in price. Ive been trained in CQC FB SD so its a one time use tool for me. For SD quality isnt as important as training in a defensive situation using a knife. Very different from a FA. I dont use the blade for anything else,AT ALL. When the time comes its factory sharp, thats all you need. Mfg is irrelavant!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast