What to take to bed with you - not a joke......your car keys! - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What to take to bed with you - not a joke......your car keys!

1. Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    My panic buttons are .45acp & 5.56 mm

I love this quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunewolf View Post
    While your computer is replaceable, Is the information that is on your computer replaceable? Do you have back-ups? or otherwise ability to rebuild your data lost on that computer? also - the computer itself, is their items on the computer that could lead to identity theft? Passwords? photocopies of IDs? Other information which could be used to impersonate you?
    Same can be said for websites you visit? are your passwords secure? or do you let your Web browser of choice remember them all for you?
    Case can be said for family photos that cannot be replaced, or in one persons terms "lost memories". since their computer went "poof" n them without backups.

rounds before I have to reload mags again, plus the previous 5rds in 870 with easy access to several more.
    Kindly answer me one question based on your vast experience on computers. IF YOU ARE MURDERED TRYING TO PROTECT YOUR VALUABLE COMPUTER MEMORY AND PHOTOS, HAVE YOU ACCOMPLISHED YOUR GOAL OF SECURITY? Please do not answer--it is a rhetorical question. If you do not appreciate my comment there is very little advice or comment or reply that I can make when you equate your life to a lousy computer and everything on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPage View Post
    Those alarms go off so often I ignore them. Does anyone on here investigate them?
    If you also use your garage door opener, you now have visible flashing lights to go along with the louder alarms that will easily tell any response LEOs exactly what house they are looking for. Then again we are talking about middle of the night--not lunch time at the Walmart---the alarms and the lights and the open garage are, IMO, much more than just ignoring same. In addition, what is the big deal about pushing a button or two and using them?

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Kindly answer me one question based on your vast experience on computers. IF YOU ARE MURDERED TRYING TO PROTECT YOUR VALUABLE COMPUTER MEMORY AND PHOTOS, HAVE YOU ACCOMPLISHED YOUR GOAL OF SECURITY? Please do not answer--it is a rhetorical question. If you do not appreciate my comment there is very little advice or comment or reply that I can make when you equate your life to a lousy computer and everything on it.
    Sorry if you seem to think that I said you should get murdered trying to save the computer..

I did not say you should fight or die for your computer - I was mentioning that there is data on the computer worth protecting.
    Ways to protect that data, is by backing up your data, their is also the use of strong passwords and or use of full disk encryption.
    I had honestly thought it would have brought about questions about computer security (things I can answer easier then just toss out random bits of advice)- not just "FIGHT AND DIE" over your possessions..

(Edit: I have edited my original post as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunewolf View Post
    Sorry if you seem to think that I said you should get murdered trying to save the computer..

I did not say you should fight or die for your computer - I was mentioning that there is data on the computer worth protecting.
    Ways to protect that data, is by backing up your data, their is also the use of strong passwords and or use of full disk encryption.
    I had honestly thought it would have brought about questions about computer security (things I can answer easier then just toss out random bits of advice)- not just "FIGHT AND DIE" over your possessions..

(Edit: I have edited my original post as well)
    Hey Dunewolf:
    I am just an old, gruff kind of guy. I do appreciate your comments on computer security---I guess it is just in the context of imminent danger and home invasion, backup of a computer is irrelevant in my opinion, although I can appreciate the need to protect personal info that is on your computer. My initial reply could have been a little clearer myself without denigrating your comment. Have a blessed life.

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    My panic buttons are .45acp & 5.56 mm

Hey, That's what I do also! I thought I was getting paranoid in my old age. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that's a good idea...
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

I just got a car with a panic button...gotta say I like it. One more layer, on top of the camera's, alarm, 2 dogs (1 braun and 1 brain), My bedside AR & .40, wifeys bedside Shot gun and .38...not to mention my son with the .22 lr.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567