The secret of protecting yourself from violent assaults… - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The secret of protecting yourself from violent assaults…

-imagescaskblga.jpg-imagesca5cdcy0.jpg Here's a couple of Tactical Pens I found. Just Google tactical Pens & you'll find a great deal of places you can get one.

BTW posting another author's work with out crediting the author is called Plagairism. If the original author was paid for his work it's a copyright violation

Just sayin
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Greggatshack View Post
    Pretty soon someone from the TSA will discover that humans can just use their own bodies for lethal force and they are going to have to ban people from boarding aircraft altogether...
    This is one thing I've never understood. If you know what you're doing most anything can be an improvised weapon. (Credit cards, belts, shoelaces, neck ties, pens, pencils and parts of your body all can be used as very effective weapons.).

I may be able to see why guns shouldn't be allowed on commercial flights. But, pocket knives, nail clippers & other items just don't make sense.

-

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    This is one thing I've never understood. If you know what you're doing most anything can be an improvised weapon. (Credit cards, belts, shoelaces, neck ties, pens, pencils and parts of your body all can be used as very effective weapons.).

I may be able to see why guns shouldn't be allowed on commercial flights. But, pocket knives, nail clippers & other items just don't make sense.

-
    What really pisses me off is that I have to remember to put my Leatherman (a tool I use every day for numerous jobs) and the small Swiss Army pocket knife on my keyring (which has a little LED torch and a handy pen in it), into checked luggage. Otherwise I will get $400 worth of tools confiscated at boarding time.

What made me laugh one day while waiting to board an international flight... An elderly lady, who was travelling with our group, saw a crossword in a magazine she wanted to take with her. She reached into her handbag and pulled out some scissors to cut it out... totally oblivious of the fact that there had been several signs at check-in with pictures of the "weapons" she was carrying. Lol. Needless to say she put them back in her handbag and none of us said any more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greggatshack View Post
    What really pisses me off is that I have to remember to put my Leatherman (a tool I use every day for numerous jobs) and the small Swiss Army pocket knife on my keyring (which has a little LED torch and a handy pen in it), into checked luggage. Otherwise I will get $400 worth of tools confiscated at boarding time......
    Wow are things expensive down under. Here in the states you could get a Leatherman and a nice Swiss Army knife for well less than $100. For $150 -$200 you could get top of the line Swiss Army knife & Leatherman.
    Lowell
    Connecticut & Florida CCW Permit

“Less of a random killing machine, more of a personal statement.” Q about the PPK/S

Right after 9-11 my National Guard unit was activated for airport guard duty. One day one of the airport screeners (I don't think they were TSA back then) tried to get pissy with me because I had a Gerber Multi Tool on my belt. He didn't say a word about the fully loaded M-16A2 I was carrying but he was damned if I was going through his station with that Multi Tool (his supervisor squared him away)
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    BTW posting another author's work with out crediting the author is called Plagairism. If the original author was paid for his work it's a copyright violation

Just sayin
    Understand your concern, Its fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain K-man View Post
    Wow are things expensive down under. Here in the states you could get a Leatherman and a nice Swiss Army knife for well less than $100. For $150 -$200 you could get top of the line Swiss Army knife & Leatherman.
    Yes, it is more expensive down here but you have to remember that at the time I bought my Leatherman Charge (Titanium) (for NZ$375), our $ was only about US$0.75. Other things are different as well such as the fact that our minimum hourly rate is $13.50. It gets really hard to compare - hurts my head! ;-)

On the other hand we had some visitors from your country here a couple of weeks ago. They were from all over the US but I understand that most of them knew each other because they all had second homes in California. Anyway they stopped to play golf with a group of members from my club. The course is rated in the top 20 outside the USA but they were surprised that my total membership dues (including full time use of a cart) were only $1800 per year. (I was led to understand that some of them are expected to pay more than that per month. On top of that they virtually have to buy a share in the golf course when they join!)

So, swings and roundabouts I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mmckee1952 View Post
    -imagescaskblga.jpg-imagesca5cdcy0.jpg Here's a couple of Tactical Pens I found. Just Google tactical Pens & you'll find a great deal of places you can get one.
    After reading this thread the other night, I managed to get an order passed through Amazon for one of the UZI ones. Only cost me NZ$30 including shipping. Remains to be seen if it gets stopped at the border... If Amazon label it as a Tactical Pen rather than just a pen, it may have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by mmckee1952 View Post
    Understand your concern, Its fixed.
    I'm not joking but when you first started the thread I was (for a while), under the impression that you actually were Jason Hanson. I thought the "mmckee" must have just been some obscure forum name that you had chosen to use... lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast