Flashlight
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flashlight

1. Flashlight

I would like to bring up the topic of flashlights. Of course, in the days past, it was standard to have the long handled, heavy duty flashlight.

I am a certified armed security guard who also does unarmed security duty. When I have unarmed security duty I have to think of all the things which could go wrong…. One, what happens if the lights go out? Two, what happens when I have to walk out to my vehicle parked at the furthest point of the parking lot? Three, I'm a woman and that leaves me open to other possibilities happening. And, I could go on and on…..

My flashlight just happens to be my less lethal choice of weapons. Both sides are scalloped (just in case), the high beam is high enough to temporarily blind an attacker so I can do what I need to, and it also has an SOS signal in case of emergency. The best part, is that it is designed to fit securely in your hand without anyone else being able to grab hold of it, but is made of aircraft titanium for strength if needed.

What kind of flashlight is it?
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

I like the olight m series flashlights.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    I would like to bring up the topic of flashlights. Of course, in the days past, it was standard to have the long handled, heavy duty flashlight.

I am a certified armed security guard who also does unarmed security duty. When I have unarmed security duty I have to think of all the things which could go wrong…. One, what happens if the lights go out? Two, what happens when I have to walk out to my vehicle parked at the furthest point of the parking lot? Three, I'm a woman and that leaves me open to other possibilities happening. And, I could go on and on…..

My flashlight just happens to be my less lethal choice of weapons. Both sides are scalloped (just in case), the high beam is high enough to temporarily blind an attacker so I can do what I need to, and it also has an SOS signal in case of emergency. The best part, is that it is designed to fit securely in your hand without anyone else being able to grab hold of it, but is made of aircraft titanium for strength if needed.

It sounds as if you've thought this through, which is good. One should run through possible threat scenarios and be prepared for them.

With that said, I never understood why any agency would allow "unarmed security". To me that is an oxymoron.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

6. I love my Streamlight Nightfighter X

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    It sounds as if you've thought this through, which is good. One should run through possible threat scenarios and be prepared for them.

With that said, I never understood why any agency would allow "unarmed security". To me that is an oxymoron.
    I agree. I worked a short time for a security company and they had armed and unarmed posts. Never understood why. Might as well wear a red shirt and join a landing party on Star Trek.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

8. I go no where without my e2dl on my belt and an incandescent e2d in my left front pocket.

9. I have 15 flashlights. Many purchased at huge discounts using common protected laptop batteries.

I am a Fenix man. None of them have failed me. The cheaper knock-offs have failed, and I wound-up fixing a good many of them. Goes with the territory.

I don't have a surefire budget, so it is, what it is.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

I've been carrying a small flashlight for several years now, that fits very well on my belt. It is a PALMBLAZE-Luxeon-K2-White-LED-Flashlight-Rechargeable light that I picked up on eBay for a modest price. It's a little over 4 1/2 inches long, made of aircraft aluminum. It came with a nylon pouch of some sort, but I quickly crafted a leather pouch for it and it fits snuggly on my belt.
    Michael
    USCG (Ret.)
    Distinguished NRA Life Member

I found a generic brand 400 lumen/candlepower/whateveritscalled LED flashlight at Menards for about $20. It does the job, and easily replaced. Works for me :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast