New carry law in New Mexico - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New carry law in New Mexico

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Last February (I think) Gov. Bill Richardson signed a law that allows concealed carrying in restaurants that serve beer and wine, but not hard liquor. People carrying a firearm, though, are not allowed to drink ANY alcohol.

This is a letter that I wrote to the editor of the Albuquerque Journal during the first week that the law took effect.

Editor:
    The new law that allows carriers of concealed handguns to go into restaurants that serve beer and wine took effect on July 1. Already some people are freaking out. Restaurants can post a sign saying that guns are not allowed. I heard on KKOB Radio on Sunday that a woman who owns such a restaurant was quoted as saying, “I’m concerned about my liability if someone comes in, has a glass of wine, and then goes out and shoots someone, so I’m going to post a sign that says ‘No guns allowed’”. Of course, she didn’t seem to know that it will be against the law for someone carrying a weapon to drink any alcoholic beverage.

I wonder if she is also going to post a sign that says, “No car keys allowed,” because she should be much more concerned if someone comes in, has a glass of wine, on top of several more, and then goes out and kills someone while driving drunk.

I got many high-fives from my friends after they saw the letter.
    re: “I’m concerned about my liability if someone comes in, has a glass of wine, and then goes out and shoots someone, so I’m going to post a sign that says ‘No guns allowed’”.

This is why voter eligibility should require more than a pulse and body temperature above 90.
    It's a sign of danger in a society when government solicits for itself acclamation from those who pay its salary; worse when the taxpayer gives it both salary and praise.

3. I live in PA also. We have a lot of carry freedom and I don't feel we have any problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    state of Michigan, your BAC cannot be more than like .016 or something of the sort. I asked if I was allowed to drink and carry, the LEO said yes, but its best to leave the weapon in the car, and as long as I dont exceed the BAC I am fine. lol
    One can peg that with mouthwash as they head out the door to work. You probably mean .10 or maybe .08 whatever the DUI limit is
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

I have a serious allergic reaction to alcohol....I break out in hand cuffs!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12