Vote Yes Ohio Issue 2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vote Yes Ohio Issue 2

Quote Originally Posted by bigking View Post
    Another person that doesn't know the facts. probly is not a rich guy. the same guys who have you believe in the wrong thing about the issue 2. are the same guys that are holding you back. and you don't even realize it. do your own research
    Can anyone say TROLL? lol...

3. One of the best post I have seen

Debray,
    Your post is one of the best I have seen on this website.
    I wish some liberal would come forth and answer your questions
    in a sane and logical manner.
    Thank you .

The only comment I have on this is about the standardized testing. Students are already spending way too much of their time on standardized testing that really tells very little about what the students are actually learning. Whoever came up with the "No child left behind" program should be tarred, feathered then drawn and quartered. That program has set actual learing back years in our schools trying to meet some standard testing grade that does nothing to actually help the students, teachers or schools but is great eyewash for some bureaucrats to make a few parents feel good about their children's school.

They have developed the standards for teachers to get their students up to a certain level and now the teachers have to only teach what is on the test. Anything else or any real learming is gone and only the test counts. Also it doesn't matter what the child is actually capable of learning only the test counts. In our school district the special classes for the "mentally handicapped" students had to be eliminated and those students placed in regular classes. If not there was no way that one certain school could avoid being taken over as 10 year old students who could not write their names were tested using the same tests as the "Gifted and Talented" students and expected to make the same scores.

In some grades out of 180 school days 18 are set aside for standardized testing which cannot be used for regular testing or grading. When the possibility of the school being taken over or teachers and administrators fired because students cannot reach an arbritrary level of learning regardless of their ability then the system is broken. Some people do not believe in IQ tests but when you have a class of 30 students with an average IQ of 80 firing the teacher because the studentt do not score as well as a class of 15 with an average IQ of 120 on standardized tests is not the answer but I have seen that happen,

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Some people do not believe in IQ tests but when you have a class of 30 students with an average IQ of 80 firing the teacher because the studentt do not score as well as a class of 15 with an average IQ of 120 on standardized tests is not the answer but I have seen that happen,
    You also should not fire a teacher because the students (and most likely the parents as well) don't care. If students don't want to learn, they won't, and I don't care how good the teacher is. Education is to a certain extent an at-will proposition.

Blog Entries
    Well they have stolen just about all the Issue 2 signs. They have also stolen about half of the Issue 3 signs.

We need to get the word out about the Buckeye Institute Website, it may be our last chance to let taxpayers know Issue 2 is really needed.

Send the Web-site address to everyone you know, add it to your Face Book, or Tweet it whatever (just get the word out).

Let people see for themselves what Teachers Salaries are and what pensions they will receive.

You can also check State Employees Salaries and Federal Agents salaries. (Check out the Department of Education if you want to know where the money is going).

You can look at every Public school district in Ohio and see what each teacher is getting paid and what their pension will be when they retire. Average around $55,0000 + or - per year and the year is only 180 days minus sick and personal days around 13+. Pensions $35,000. + or - per year that they don't pay anything into it, compared that to your $19,000. you may receive from Social Security that you have paid into all your life. (Just select a District and Year than click Select)

Buckeye Institute - Home

Vote Yes for Issue 2 and 3
    Chuck
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12