A Glimpse Into The Afterlife - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 132

Thread: A Glimpse Into The Afterlife

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    "being a judgmental hate spewing bigot " sounds more like XD40 that Ringo.

    If that is how you view the truth, then that's your problem, not mine.

    My problem is with people that cling to the ignorance of people that didn't know where the sun went at night and use that ignorance to justify their hatred of people with different views than they have.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    9,679
    Memento Mori - Greg Laurie -


    Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. -Colossians 3:2

    Back in older times, there was a Latin phrase they would write on the top of a document. It was memento mori. It means, "Think of death."

    You say, "That is so morbid." It actually is not. It was a reminder to be aware of the fact that life ends. Be aware of the fact that eternity is close. Be aware of the fact that there is an afterlife.

    It is not a bad thing to think about these things deeply. In fact, it was C. S. Lewis who said, "A continual looking forward to the eternal world is not . . . a form of escapism or wishful thinking, but one of the things a Christian is meant to do." You should think about death, eternity, and the afterlife.

    If you are a Christian, you are going to enter heaven in one of two ways: either through death or through the rapture. Either we will die, or the Lord will catch us up to meet Him in the air.

    Imagine being part of the rapture. One day you might be walking on the street, thinking about a loved one who has gone to be with the Lord. Maybe you are thinking about your last conversation with them, or wondering what they are experiencing there in heaven. Suddenly, in the twinkling of an eye, you will be with them.

    Mothers and fathers reunited with sons and daughters. Husbands reunited with wives. Siblings with siblings. Friends with friends. Your sorrow vanishes and it is replaced by ecstatic joy. Not only are you with your loved one again, but best of all you are with Jesus.

    For the Christian, thinking about the afterlife is not a bad thing. It is actually a good thing. So go ahead and think about it. Go ahead and dream about it. Go ahead and wonder about it. It is called being heavenly minded.


    “Has this world been so kind to you that you should leave with regret? There are better things ahead than any we leave behind.”
    ~ C.S. Lewis ~
    COMFORT ONE ANOTHER WITH THESE WORDS ALSO...THERE WILL NOT BE ANOTHER GENERATION
    ~ The Fig Tree Prophecy -1948 -2028 ~

  4. #23
    Was present at a event with Franklin Graham yesterday and he makes a very valid point. The answer to America's problem is found right in the book of II Chronicles 7:14,"If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear them from Heaven, and will forgive them and heal their land". It's not rocket science folks. Humble yourself, you are not in charge of this world, God is. Repent of the wrong things you have done and pray, which is the only way of getting God's attention. Stop doing the wicked ( unGodly0 things you do daily. God will hear this and heal our land.
    It is just that simple. Franklin Graham said that progressives are atheists. They are the un-Godly ones. The minions of Satan. They must be trampled in the dirt an sent back to Hell where they originate from.

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Was present at a event with Franklin Graham yesterday and he makes a very valid point. The answer to America's problem is found right in the book of II Chronicles 7:14,"If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear them from Heaven, and will forgive them and heal their land". It's not rocket science folks. Humble yourself, you are not in charge of this world, God is. Repent of the wrong things you have done and pray, which is the only way of getting God's attention. Stop doing the wicked ( unGodly0 things you do daily. God will hear this and heal our land.
    It is just that simple. Franklin Graham said that progressives are atheists. They are the un-Godly ones. The minions of Satan. They must be trampled in the dirt an sent back to Hell where they originate from.
    Why do people need to reference a book to know that they should do right instead of wrong?

    What does Franklin have to say about all of the un-Godly people that aren't progressives OR Atheists? Do they get to go to heaven because they proclaim to know and love their god while performing all sorts of heinous acts?

  6. #25
    't
    Quote Originally Posted by Robgmn View Post
    Why do people need to reference a book to know that they should do right instead of wrong?

    What does Franklin have to say about all of the un-Godly people that aren't progressives OR Atheists? Do they get to go to heaven because they proclaim to know and love their god while performing all sorts of heinous acts?
    They are called sinners, and Jesus died for them so they could be forgiven and join Him in Heaven. But then again you can't or don't read books.

  7. #26
    Franklin Graham, the spawn of Billy, paints his bigotry and hatred with a very broad brush.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    't

    They are called sinners, and Jesus died for them so they could be forgiven and join Him in Heaven. But then again you can't or don't read books.
    Ahhh, so if you're conservative and sin, you a re a sinner and go to heaven.
    If you are a progressive and sin, you are un-Godly and go to hell?

    That would seem in stark contrast to the teachings of Jesus.
    Where exactly in the New testament is it specified that he only died for the conservatives and not the progressives?

    I read plenty of books, magazines, online texts.
    I am currently reading three different novels by three different authors: Clancy, Flynn, Card, along with the periodicals Popular Science, American Handgunner, WatchTime, Stereophile, Blade Magazine, Backpacker, Concealed Carry Magazine. and have read a good 80% of the Bible over the years.
    There are not enough hours in the day to do all of the reading I would like.

    Nice try.

  9. #28
    That would seem in stark contrast to the teachings of Jesus.
    Where exactly in the New testament is it specified that he only died for the conservatives and not the progressives?

    Atheist and Un-Godly will not see the Kingdom of God. The Kingdom of God is a reward for the faithful followers. For the Un-Godly there is a eternal burning Hell. Surely you've read that in the Bible, or maybe it's in the 20% you have not read?

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,547
    All have sinned--left-wing, right-wing or no-wing. Doesn't matter. All means all.

    Sinners don't go to hell because of political affiliation. Sinners go to hell for not repenting of their sins and accepting Jesus Christ as Savior.

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    9,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    All have sinned--left-wing, right-wing or no-wing. Doesn't matter. All means all.

    Sinners don't go to hell because of political affiliation. Sinners go to hell for not repenting of their sins and accepting Jesus Christ as Savior.
    QUESTIONABLE. Only those who are "Born Again" will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, ALL others go to HELL. I guarantee you that anyone VOTING Democrat in support of a women's right to choose to murder her child in her womb, and condoning and promoting homosexual perversion/marriage is NOT "Born Again".


    “Has this world been so kind to you that you should leave with regret? There are better things ahead than any we leave behind.”
    ~ C.S. Lewis ~
    COMFORT ONE ANOTHER WITH THESE WORDS ALSO...THERE WILL NOT BE ANOTHER GENERATION
    ~ The Fig Tree Prophecy -1948 -2028 ~

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast