A Glimpse Into The Afterlife - Page 4
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glimpse Into The Afterlife

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    QUESTIONABLE. Only those who are "Born Again" will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, ALL others go to HELL. I guarantee you that anyone VOTING Democrat in support of a women's right to choose to murder her child in her womb, and condoning and promoting homosexual perversion/marriage is NOT "Born Again".

“Has this world been so kind to you that you should leave with regret? There are better things ahead than any we leave behind.”
    ~ C.S. Lewis ~
    I believe that voting Republican carries the same guarantee with it because of the precise same issue. Whether Dem or Rep, America has allowed the scourge of abortion to exist, proliferate and grow to genocidal proportions. We have also allowed it to be used as a means of controlling black birth rates. For all the rhetoric, Republicans have actually done no more than Dems to put a stop to it, even with a so-called majority of "conservatives" on the High Court for what? 20 years or more? I don't know, and don't care to look it up, but it has been considered a "conservative" court for long enough to overrule Roe if the will to do it really resided in the Republican or "conservative" movements. Instead, the so-called "conservative" court has made Roe wider-ranging and more deeply-entrenched in "constitutional law," put in quotes because there is no authority granted to the High Court in the Constitution to even touch such an issue.

Romney actually profited from the abortion industry. Conservatives and/or Republicans cannot escape accountability for supporting Romney or any of the other elected phonies in Congress and appointees to the courts. The only hope any truly God-fearing American has is as an individual who lives God's law instead of man's law, which is precisely why I have dropped out of political participation, and am working as hard and as fast as I can to dislodge myself and my wife from any knowable connection to this corrupt and godless government at all.

I'm not saying any of this in disagreement with Ringo's post above, only adding to it so that the non-mention of Republicans and conservatives in his post isn't seen by anyone as stating that only Dem voters will be held accountable for America's transgressions against God. I know that Ringo knows that's not true, and don't believe that's what he meant to imply. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not expecting that. Whatever, the above is my position on the subject, and I encourage all faithful Christians to consider it for themselves.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

God wants His people to be the salt and light of whatever government systems they live under. God tells us that governments are established for providing an orderly society, and that Christians are to pray for their leaders. There's nothing in God's law that prohibits participation in government process. In the past, God has made good use of His people in positions of government power to further His will, such as with Joseph and Daniel. God made use of the "godless" Roman Empire system to further His Gospel to many lands.

QUESTIONABLE. Only those who are "Born Again" will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, ALL others go to HELL. I guarantee you that anyone VOTING Democrat in support of a women's right to choose to murder her child in her womb, and condoning and promoting homosexual perversion/marriage is NOT "Born Again".

“Has this world been so kind to you that you should leave with regret? There are better things ahead than any we leave behind.”
    ~ C.S. Lewis ~

WOW, talk about off the deep-end fantasy delusional nonsense...... afterlife decided by how you vote......... that is so completely FUBAR
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

So that there is no misunderstanding of my position on the matter of politics and the word of God pertaining to the matter of the murdering (ABORTION) of children , and the support and promotion of homosexual perversion/marriage, and going to HELL, I say this as clear as I possibly can..."Only those who are Born Again will enter the kingdom of Heaven, ALL Others will go to Hell, period. One being TRULY Born Again and filled with the Holy Spirit would not under any circumstances willfully support, condone or promote the murdering (ABORTION) of children in any way, shape or form or support, condone, or promote homosexual perversion/marriage, in any way, shape or form, period. Neither would any Born Again Believer willfully support, condone, promote or be in any way, shape or form connected with, aligned with, linked with, attached to, tied with, relationship with, fellowship with, or partnership with any organization supporting, condoning, or promoting the EVIL of the murdering (ABORTION) of children , and the support and promotion of homosexual perversion/marriage, period. God doesn't compromise. God doesn't say LETS MAKE A DEAL, God says THIS IS THE DEAL, period.

Remember this when you VOTE..."Though they know God's decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them".

~ C.S. Lewis ~
    Comfort One Another With These Words Also...There Will Not Be Another Generation

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    WOW, talk about off the deep-end fantasy delusional nonsense...... afterlife decided by how you vote......... that is so completely FUBAR
    And as is the usual, from the wasted mind of one who's only hope is that there is no afterlife and his greatest fear is that there IS.

~ Everyone In HELL Is A Believer, It's Just Too Late...FOREVER ~
    Comfort One Another With These Words Also...There Will Not Be Another Generation

And as is the usual, from the wasted mind of one who's only hope is that there is no afterlife and his greatest fear is that there IS.

~ Everyone In HELL Is A Believer, It's Just Too Late...FOREVER ~

How sad, all you can offer to defend your views is irrational fears of your imaginary sky daddy.

Your thought process (I'm being kind, by assuming you have one) means you must also fear that Santa will leave lumps of coal in your stocking if you don't behave. Same concept, just different fictional critters.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    God wants His people to be the salt and light of whatever government systems they live under. God tells us that governments are established for providing an orderly society, and that Christians are to pray for their leaders. There's nothing in God's law that prohibits participation in government process. In the past, God has made good use of His people in positions of government power to further His will, such as with Joseph and Daniel. God made use of the "godless" Roman Empire system to further His Gospel to many lands.
    I've tried this before and know that it's quite possible you'll read a line or three before finding something that doesn't agree with your preconceived understandings of scripture, but I offer this in reply nonetheless that you, or anyone else who might benefit from it, might find Bible-sourced Truth within it:

God vs. Government speaks of the principle conflict between God's way and man's foolishness.

That sub-section is from a larger treatise on all things having to do with God's law and man's responsibility to ensure that it is only that that he serves, especially when there's any conflict or questions about how man's law comports with It. A friend and mentor sent me a link to it several years ago, which he Titled, "Writings From The Ekklesia," but which the page Title listing the various chapters appears to be, "Covenants of the gods."

I didn't say that "participation" in government is "prohibited," but I contend that likewise there is nothing mandating participation either. I would say when speaking in specific terms about evil though, that we are to engage our God-given powers of discernment and not participate in that which we have discerned to be evil, whether government-sourced or otherwise. Certainly we are to be able to make such conclusions consistent with scripture, which I'm happy to do, but the links above do that many times anyway, and I'm responding to your post the same way you offered it - as a general summary sans any Biblical citations to support the opinions expressed in the summary.

Happy reading or happy dismissing, whichever you choose to do with it.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    I am not trying to hammer you by giving two replies to the same post, rather, I recalled that I had bookmarked a post that cursorily encapsulates the long and arduous reading of the links I previously posted. Most Christians will recoil at this as it flies in the face of the Romans 13s, render unto Caesars and whatnot that what I believe are misreadings, transliterations and manipulations of the earliest Biblical texts foists upon an unsuspecting, but nonetheless responsible for understanding, Church. This post was made recently by the same mentor who gave me the links above:

In another thread, the point was recently (today) brought to light that the US is a bankrupt entity, in receivership.

Allow me to point out that the "US" is a corporation, not a country.

Allow me to point out that "citizenship" in that corporation is not a requirement, to live and function lawfully within the geographical boundaries of any of the "united states", but actually a privileged and therefore compromised status, under the law. To partake of "US citizenship", by law, all God-given rights must be rendered unto Caesar, in exchange for his 14th amendment privileges. One of those privileges is an opportunity to express an opinion in US voting polls, a privilege which requires the swearing of an oath, in open defiance of Matthew 5:34 and James 5:12, for those interested in Biblical perspective, i.e. the commandments of Christ, i.e. the will of the Father......

Another privilege enjoyed by US citizens is the opportunity to become surety for the US corporate debts, i.e.....party to the bankruptcy.

Maybe a Bible study would be in order, and we could see how some of the local scripture interference gurus herein might spin the likes of Proverbs 11:15, 6:1-5, 17:18, 22:26-27, and the related passages which clearly warn against the folly of becoming surety for debts, let alone selling out your children and grandchildren for the same end.

Then we might talk about what happened to King David, when he enumerated the people.

Meanwhile, suffice it to say that no one who calls himself a follower of Christ has any standing to choose US citizenship, render his God-given rights, his God-given children, nor his God-given resources to Caesar, nor to exercise his will over his neighbor with a vote in a the machinations of a wholly corrupt and ungodly demagoguery/civil construct that has its very roots and underpinnings in Satan's servant, Nimrod, one of the first on earth to create a central government whereby the few could profit from the many, by consent......leaving no need for faith in the Creator......

Babylon followed, then Egypt, Rome, Britain......and now the US is the center of Satan's enduring one world government.....not America, mind you, the US. And America is all but empty for the pied piper has come through and enticed them, almost all, into that 10 square mile enclave, where constitutional rights and protections do not apply to the commoner, and the president is god.

Be sure to cast your corporate US opinion, come November.

Be sure your oath of fealty on that voter registration card is current.

Satan needs the consent of the people for his power to stay strong, on earth.

If it sounds a bit sarcastic and/or harsh, it's important to understand that many posts had been made by this man that were variously ignored, dismissed, ridiculed and otherwise disregarded, and in-context to the long discussion preceding it, he was getting tired and impatient with the lack of seriousness given to his many well-reasoned posts. This was on a forum mostly populated by Christians, and in a thread where everyone was presenting their views on this election cycle from a Christian perspective. The author of the above post was simply offering a Biblical view outside the mainstream of Christian thought, and as-is typical, was excoriated for it. The above was quite mild in comparison to the trash-talk from other Christians he was responding to. I personally, am measuring both these responses so as not to come off aggressive, dismissive or even critical of the post I'm replying to, though obviously, I do not agree with what I perceive its intended message to be, and could not adopt the thoughts expressed within it as my own.

Blues

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I've tried this before and know that it's quite possible you'll read a line or three before finding something that doesn't agree with your preconceived understandings of scripture, but I offer this in reply nonetheless that you, or anyone else who might benefit from it, might find Bible-sourced Truth within it:

God vs. Government speaks of the principle conflict between God's way and man's foolishness.
    I looked thru your link but I can't find any information about the man who wrote that page, or any statement of faith for the website. I'm not putting my faith into a website that I don't know anything about.

Yes, some of the things I did read conflicted with biblical facts.

That sub-section is from a larger treatise on all things having to do with God's law and man's responsibility to ensure that it is only that that he serves, especially when there's any conflict or questions about how man's law comports with It. A friend and mentor sent me a link to it several years ago, which he Titled, "Writings From The Ekklesia," but which the page Title listing the various chapters appears to be, "Covenants of the gods."
    I don't want to get personal or make you defensive but I find these writings (not just a line or two; I read more) to be agenda driven and not in a biblical way.

I didn't say that "participation" in government is "prohibited," but I contend that likewise there is nothing mandating participation either. I would say when speaking in specific terms about evil though, that we are to engage our God-given powers of discernment and not participate in that which we have discerned to be evil, whether government-sourced or otherwise. Certainly we are to be able to make such conclusions consistent with scripture, which I'm happy to do, but the links above do that many times anyway, and I'm responding to your post the same way you offered it - as a general summary sans any Biblical citations to support the opinions expressed in the summary.
    If you want some citations of faithful believers who worked "within the system" of ungodly governments while maintaining their godly lives:

The book of Daniel is an excellent example of a man who remained godly while living in a society and government that was far from God.

Daniel 1:8-17

Daniel 6:1-28

Also, his fellow believers:

Daniel 3:8-30

Then there was Joseph who lived as a slave but rose in power under the Pharaoh of Egypt, all while trusting in the God of his fathers.

Genesis 39:1-46:4

The faithfulness of Nehemiah to God while he was servant to a heathen king. God used him in a great way.

Nehemiah 2 (really, the whole book)

Happy reading or happy dismissing, whichever you choose to do with it.

Blues
    I'm not "happy" about reading distortions of God's Word, and it doesn't make me "happy" to dismiss them. This is serious stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I am not trying to hammer you by giving two replies to the same post,
    No problem. :)

rather, I recalled that I had bookmarked a post that cursorily encapsulates the long and arduous reading of the links I previously posted. Most Christians will recoil at this as it flies in the face of the Romans 13s, render unto Caesars and whatnot that what I believe are misreadings, transliterations and manipulations of the earliest Biblical texts foists upon an unsuspecting, but nonetheless responsible for understanding, Church. This post was made recently by the same mentor who gave me the links above:
    Sorry, I have to repeat, I don't know your mentor.

In another thread, the point was recently (today) brought to light that the US is a bankrupt entity, in receivership.

Allow me to point out that the "US" is a corporation, not a country.

Allow me to point out that "citizenship" in that corporation is not a requirement, to live and function lawfully within the geographical boundaries of any of the "united states", but actually a privileged and therefore compromised status, under the law. To partake of "US citizenship", by law, all God-given rights must be rendered unto Caesar, in exchange for his 14th amendment privileges. One of those privileges is an opportunity to express an opinion in US voting polls, a privilege which requires the swearing of an oath, in open defiance of Matthew 5:34 and James 5:12, for those interested in Biblical perspective, i.e. the commandments of Christ, i.e. the will of the Father......

Another privilege enjoyed by US citizens is the opportunity to become surety for the US corporate debts, i.e.....party to the bankruptcy.

Maybe a Bible study would be in order, and we could see how some of the local scripture interference gurus herein might spin the likes of Proverbs 11:15, 6:1-5, 17:18, 22:26-27, and the related passages which clearly warn against the folly of becoming surety for debts, let alone selling out your children and grandchildren for the same end.

None of what you mentioned is a commandment to live outside of government.

Then we might talk about what happened to King David, when he enumerated the people.
    OK.

Meanwhile, suffice it to say that no one who calls himself a follower of Christ has any standing to choose US citizenship, render his God-given rights, his God-given children, nor his God-given resources to Caesar, nor to exercise his will over his neighbor with a vote in a the machinations of a wholly corrupt and ungodly demagoguery/civil construct that has its very roots and underpinnings in Satan's servant, Nimrod, one of the first on earth to create a central government whereby the few could profit from the many, by consent......leaving no need for faith in the Creator......
    Yet, Paul invoked his rights as a Roman citizen:

Acts 22:24-29

Babylon followed, then Egypt, Rome, Britain......and now the US is the center of Satan's enduring one world government.....not America, mind you, the US. And America is all but empty for the pied piper has come through and enticed them, almost all, into that 10 square mile enclave, where constitutional rights and protections do not apply to the commoner, and the president is god.
    What?

Be sure to cast your corporate US opinion, come November.

Be sure your oath of fealty on that voter registration card is current.

Satan needs the consent of the people for his power to stay strong, on earth.
    I don't know what state you vote in but there is no oath on my registration card.

No, Satan doesn't need the consent of the people to do anything.

If it sounds a bit sarcastic and/or harsh, it's important to understand that many posts had been made by this man that were variously ignored, dismissed, ridiculed and otherwise disregarded, and in-context to the long discussion preceding it, he was getting tired and impatient with the lack of seriousness given to his many well-reasoned posts.
    Pride is a weakness of man, and apparently this man isn't exempt from it.

This was on a forum mostly populated by Christians, and in a thread where everyone was presenting their views on this election cycle from a Christian perspective. The author of the above post was simply offering a Biblical view outside the mainstream of Christian thought, and as-is typical, was excoriated for it. The above was quite mild in comparison to the trash-talk from other Christians he was responding to. I personally, am measuring both these responses so as not to come off aggressive, dismissive or even critical of the post I'm replying to, though obviously, I do not agree with what I perceive its intended message to be, and could not adopt the thoughts expressed within it as my own.
    But we are here at this forum, on this topic. The scriptures speak for themselves for those who will listen.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast