Wolf Ammo
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolf Ammo

Wolf Ammo

A local store is selling Wolf 5.56 ammo. I know most people don't like Wolf ammo for handguns because it is usually dirty, but how is it in rifles? Still dirty and stay away from?

It's dirty, it stinks, you'll get several duds per thousand and many AR's don't run well with it.

Palmetto state armory has a good deal federal XM193 $149/500, $5.69/20, 28 cents per round. Federal XM193C

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

This stuff doesn't even work well in bolt action rifles. Used their 7.62x54R in a Mosin Nagant Rifle, only made that mistake once.

5. My sks eats it for breakfast in 7.62x39 and previous poster is right on one thing, it does stink to high heaven. I can't attest to any wolf in 5.56 but I do know that I have had very few problems with what I have shot. I shoot wolf and remington with very little else.

I use wolf 9mm in my g19 for target practice. Never had a problem. My sks eats it for diner, its a piston operated gun. I heard m4/m15 have muck up problems becaus the ammo is part dirt lol. The non piston m4 ar's are finiky....

The 5.56x45mm is a straight case, the 762x39 is a tapered case .....

The tapered 7.62x39 allows for easier extraction when lacquered steel cases are used

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

Quote Originally Posted by SGB:204707
    The 5.56x45mm is a straight case, the 762x39 is a tapered case .....

The tapered 7.62x39 allows for easier extraction when lacquered steel cases are used
    Didnt know that. Learned something new. Thanks.

Thank you everyone. I am going to steer clear of Wolf for all my ammo needs.

I haven't had any trouble with it.

Some people have had stoppages in AR type weapons due to the steel case not sealing the breech correctly. This allows a carbon buildup in the chamber which cause rounds to stick.

-Doc

11. WOW! I have been useing it in my ar's ( dpms,rem-15,colt h-bar) never had a issue!! My sub gun m-11 with lage upper. Browning hi powers (3 of them). And of course the sks's and ak 47's. And I have never had any problems. I will keep buying it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast