DRT Jacketed Powder Core Ammo

Thread: DRT Jacketed Powder Core Ammo

DRT Jacketed Powder Core Ammo

Has anyone had any experience with this stuff? It's a jacketed metal powder core bullet, that is supposedly more accurate than the current military ammo. I know it's expensive, but I was wondering if anyone has any 1st hand experience.

YouTube - DRT ammo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

It's the so called "Green Bullet". Here is some good info on it. U.S. Military "Green Bullets", Feature Articles- FirearmsID.com
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Red face I'm dizzy!?!

Can't.... wrap... head... around..... Mandrell sisters..... hawking..... ammunition......

Seriously, it was a little freaky to see them doing live fire exercises, especially mobile live fire exercises! And hearing that one of them killed some kind of animal at over 700 yards while on safari in Africa.... well, I just.... wow.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

wolfhunter Guest
    I thought I was hallucinating when I saw Irlene Mandrell on a Thomson-Center hunting show last year. I've heard good things about the DRT.

I don't care if it's magical wizard bullets. No .223 ammo should cost $85 for a box of 20!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I don't care if it's magical wizard bullets. No .223 ammo should cost $85 for a box of 20!!!
    But it comes with a poster of Irlene.

It would be interesting to test it in Iraq or Afghanistan and see how well it works in practice.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

d.r.t. ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    you can go on the web site for dynamic research technoligy ammo, they are based in mossuri and are not as exspesive as you have heard and buy direct from them.

d.r.t. ammo

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    It would be interesting to test it in Iraq or Afghanistan and see how well it works in practice.
    the milatary has been useing it for about 8yrs. in iraq & afghanistan.