Varget Metering.....

Thread: Varget Metering.....

Varget Metering.....

I just picked up a pound of Varget to load up some .223 rem. I opened the bottle and noticed that it is not a spherical powder. I have a Lee Classic Turret press with the disk style powder pour. Do any of you guys have any experience with how consistent Varget meters out of this setup? The spherical powders have always metered dead on so just curious.

Thanks guys.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Is it extruded powder? Even if it's extruded it should meter fine. The best thing to do is weigh several throws and see how consistent it is.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Exclamation I weigh every charge anyway

I leave nothing to chance when I load for long range shooting. I throw a short charge and trickle up to the desired weight.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I just bought a pound last night. I tumbled some .223 brass last night so I should be able to prep some cases and load them up tonight. I normally start off with several pours till I get 5 that are all consistent. Then every 5 rounds I check the weight. If its off I'd pull the last 5 and redo them. So far using accurate and tac powders I have never had to do this. Both have metered very consistent. So I was just wondering if anyone had any problem using varget.

We'll find out tonight! Thanks guys.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Varget meters very well for me on a Dillon 550 setup.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"