Has anyone ever seen this kind of ammo?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever seen this kind of ammo?

Has anyone ever seen this kind of ammo?

I won an auction on gunbroker and these 5 .30-06 rounds were included in it. the seller said they were unique to him and they are to me too. so I was wondering if anyone knew what they were? what they were used for? the info I have is from the seller's description from the auction:

Included in this auction is five rounds of Remington Arms 1940 production ammo with bullets I have never seen before. Very unique to me. They have the appearance of chrome and are not magnetic. May possibly be zinc plated, but I'm not sure. These are factory rounds with crimped in and sealed primers. You won't be dissatisfied if you win this auction.

thanks for any info!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

What is the head stamp date? It looks like the Ball, M1906. http://images.downland.sk/files/rfqo...layqs0s9of.jpg I have some with a 1918 head stamp, although in very bad shape.

.30-06 Springfield - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ball, M1906
    This cartridge is used against personnel and unarmored targets, and can be identified by its silver-colored bullet. The M1906 has a 9.7 g (150 grain) projectile and flat base. Its jacket is a cupro-nickel alloy which was found to quickly foul the bore
    Here is some great info on Military 30-06 ammo.

http://cartridgecollectors.org/30-06intro/
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

A large amount (most) jacketed bullets used to be silver in color in the first part of the 1900's.

i saw some identical to this yesterday at the local gun store it has 1941 headstamp dont remember the other markings. it certainly will catch you eye
    We would be better off with BORAT as PRESIDENT!!!!

They are silver bullets used to shoot werewolves. Not sure if they will work on zombies but keep them handy just in case.

Cool Good Place to Look

There is a book called "Cartridges of the World" this would be an excellent reference to seek out from your

local library. Hope this helps
    What DOPE do you have on your gun?....echo6actual out.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    What is the head stamp date? It looks like the Ball, M1906. http://images.downland.sk/files/rfqo...layqs0s9of.jpg I have some with a 1918 head stamp, although in very bad shape.

.30-06 Springfield - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is some great info on Military 30-06 ammo.

An Introduction to Collecting .30-06 by Chris Punnett
    it's headstamped R at 10 o'clock, A at 2 o'clock and 40 at 6 o'clock.. which I guess stands for remington arms 1940.

Quote Originally Posted by echo6actual View Post
    There is a book called "Cartridges of the World" this would be an excellent reference to seek out from your

local library. Hope this helps
    thanks for the reference.. I'll have to see if that book is available.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    They are silver bullets used to shoot werewolves. Not sure if they will work on zombies but keep them handy just in case.
    aaaaaah yes.. for warewolves!!! it's about time I get me some warewolf bullets... and the next time I shoot a zombie I'll let you know how it works:)

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Will they work on a vampire?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast