I pay cash for ammunition factory and or reloaded ammo

Thread: I pay cash for ammunition factory and or reloaded ammo

1. I pay cash for ammunition factory and or reloaded ammo

I pay cash for all most any kind of ammo
    factory and or reloaded
    all depends on the price shiped to me

[email protected]

I may be mistaken but the last time I checked it was illegal to sell reloads. Thats why if a friend wants me to load some bullets for them I make them help with the reloading process. Am I correct about this?

Don't know about that one, Rugerfan....here in TN, there is a factory that reloads brass sent to them by ranges around the state. Maybe there's something along the lines of a licensure procedure, but they do sell reloads here.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Unless your state has a law against selling reloads it's not illegal. If that was the case then Georgia Arms would be out of business.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Scrouge McDuck

Ok,,,,but I've got to much sweat and research wrapped up in my reloads to sell them. Besides when I get to looking at all the ammo I've got loaded I look like Scrouge McDuck when he opens his vault !

It is illegal to sell reloads for a profit without a license. The commercial ammo reloaders such as Georgia Arms have a license.

(H4) Is a person who reloads ammunition required to be licensed as a manufacturer? [Back]

Yes, if the person engages in the business of selling or distributing reloads for the purpose of livelihood and profit. No, if the person reloads only for personal use.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a) (i) and 923(a), 27 CFR 478.41]

ATF Online - Firearms FAQs

And, from page 165 of the Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide:

Reloading of used shells or cartridges
    is considered manufacturing for
    purposes of excise tax. Sale of such
    shells by the reloader is subject to the
    excise tax. However, if the reloader
    merely reloads shells belonging to a
    customer and is paid for labor and materials,
    the reloading service is not a taxable
    sale, as long as the reloader
    returns the identical shells provided by
    the customer to that same customer. In
    such instances the customer is the
    manufacturer and would not be liable for
    tax if the shells are manufactured for
    personal use. If the customer sells reloaded
    shells or uses them in a business,
    e.g., shooting range, the customer
    would be liable for the tax.

Thank you Navy Lt. I looked at ATF website for that but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

I might be mistaken but I believe the original post was referring to "Factory" reloaded ammunition, not basement reloads by hand.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw