Pin Press/Punch

Thread: Pin Press/Punch

Pin Press/Punch

I'm looking to expand my amateur gunsmithing activities and I want to get a good, mechanical pin press. Some of my older firearms have pins that can't be removed by a hammer and hand-held pin punch. I know I can get one of those big, floor-standing hydraulic ones but my workshop is a bit small (a converted WIC) and I'd rather get something I can use on my bench.

Suggestions?? Thanks.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I know I can get one of those big, floor-standing hydraulic ones but my workshop is a bit small (a converted WIC) and I'd rather get something I can use on my bench.
    The other downside is that those floor standing hydraulic presses are almost impossible to conceal. And I have seen how you value concealment to maintain the element of surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    The other downside is that those floor standing hydraulic presses are almost impossible to conceal. And I have seen how you value concealment to maintain the element of surprise.
    You lousy, no good, stalking TROLL!! I'm not sure if I'll whine about you for a while or try to get you banned. Maybe both!!
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

If you have a heavy duty drill press, you can hold a drift /push pin in the drill chuck, or of you can get someone to drill a hole in the end of the "C", you can make a manual one out of a large "C" clamp