My AR15 Pistol custom build...PHOTO INTENSIVE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My AR15 Pistol custom build...PHOTO INTENSIVE

My AR15 Pistol custom build...PHOTO INTENSIVE

I decided to build an AR15 Pistol. I purchased a virgin receiver and signed for it as a pistol receiver. I used an old 20" barrel I had lying around and cut it down to about 10". I decided to make my buffer tube so there would be no question that a stock wouldn't fit on it.

I started by cutting off an old barrel, turning it in my lathe and threading the barrel.

The Gas Block fits.

Making my Buffer tube.

Cutting the threads.

I decided to turn it down in the middle so I could pur Para-Cord on it.

Drilling the tube.

Bead blasted and mounted.

I just needed to put Dura-Coat on the buffer and it's done.

Finished pistol.

USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Nice. Are you allowed to carry an AR-15 pistol with a permit in your state? If so, do you plan to carry it?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

No we can't. I wish we could though. The law specifies a handgun with less than a 12" barrel. It will go in my truck!
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Very nice work Red Hat! I'm not a big AR15 pistol fan but that one turned out nice! I really like how the buffer tube.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Very nice work RH... Wait, Did I say Work, RH you make it look easy!
    Semper Fi

Very nice product and excellent pictures to go with it. You do very good work and should be proud of your new pistol!
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

I put a couple other goodies on it. First the Hogue Pistol Grip. I really like the feel and probably will order a few more for my other AR's. I also installed a Jard 1 1/2 lb trigger assembly. The 1 1/2 lb trigger pull really makes it shoot nice.

Thumbs up

Beautiful, Red Hat...

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

Wow......looks cool as hell. Nice machining, too.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

11. Yes from an old tool maker from way back VERY NICE JOB!
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast