helpful tactical rifle hint - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: helpful tactical rifle hint

I agree that a bolt hold open is a good idea, but in the element of an infantry squad on the battlefield most armies seem to think it's less important.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRobert686 View Post
    Round counting will work fine on the range, but probably not under battle stress. I believe it's stupid the HK91 doesn't lock open on the last shot. Big design flaw, IMHO.
    Maybe Its just me but I have found that my thinking process is way overloaded during the fight. I have been in several firefights where I couldn't tell you how many mags I went through, let alone having counted rounds. This is why I have my last two magazines marked, and I do an ammo check right after the fight is over, or is at a lull point.There is just simply too much information in my head when I am trying to coordinate weapon placement and movement. Plus you have the "headshed" on the radio asking everthing but for a powerpoint slide detailing the event. Even when I can't hear a thing cause of the noise I can feel the bolt lock open on my M-4 and know its time to refresh.
    "Guns ain't marriage; we're allowed to be promiscuous with them." Massad Ayoob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12