Best Home defense Gun
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Home defense Gun

1. Best Home defense Gun

In my opinion, the best home defense gun is Remington 870 tactical shotgun.

870 Express Tactical The No. 1 choice of law enforcement agencies and civilian across the country. Quick-pointing 18-1/2" barrels with an extended ported Tactical Rem Chokes. Magazines hold seven rounds of 2-3/4" or 3" shells with a factory-installed two-shot extension. Black synthetic stocks and forends with sling swivel studs. Receivers are drilled and tapped. The blasted black-oxide model has an XS Ghost Ring rear sight and XS blade front sight along with an XS Ghost Ring sight rail for optics and sight systems. The gunmetal-gray powder-coated model has a single-bead front sight.
    I usually load five OO buck shells in the tube and keep empty chamber/for safety reason...
    Some people prefer use bird shot instead buck shot due to close range...personally, I prefer buck shot... this is also an excellent self-defense weapon in bear country.....

Whats the price on something like that?

4. Quote Originally Posted by TruckTurner68 View Post
    Whats the price on something like that?
    I paid $469 plus tax back in April this year at Cabelas.... you can get the one without muzzle brake and ghost ring for $100 less.

Classic Attacker re-education sound

There is just somehting about the sound of an 870 racking that makes one wonder if it's bark is almost as effective as its bite.

Home defense

I recently purchased a remington 870 tactical as well. Absolutely no questions asked the best for the application of inviting uninvited guests to leave one way or the other. I actually spent around 320 for the basic gun with a tactical for end grip but I do have plans to add some accessories in the very near future. A magazine extension, ghost ring sights, and a tactical style stock. I too load 00 buckshot in the tube and leave the chamber empty for safety. I did get a great deal but I bought at a local gun show from a local vendor that I know very well and have done a lot of business with.

The best home defense gun is the one you have in hand when you need it.
    Never bought into that racking the shotgun nonsense.
    This one is kept chamber hot safety on.

Best Home defense Gun-21dr7lj.jpg

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

Sounds like a good deal!

9. Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    The best home defense gun is the one you have in hand when you need it.
    Never bought into that racking the shotgun nonsense.
    This one is kept chamber hot safety on.

Best Home defense Gun-21dr7lj.jpg
    I hope not .22 cal .....lol....

Quote Originally Posted by theonlysharpshooter1 View Post
    I hope not .22 cal .....lol....
    It's not the caliber, it's the shot placement. Three well controlled quick taps with a .22 just left of sternum center will do more damage than a 12g with '00' buck thrown downrange from the hip. That's the only problem with a gauge and '00'...the shot will go where it wants, not where you want it.

I also have a 870 Tac... Great stand-your-ground gun. I choose the handgun for home defense. I'd rather not have the "wrestle with the long gun" issue in close quarters... If your plan is to stand your ground in a bedroom and wait until the BG comes to find you, (no kids in the home), the 870 or other short 12/20GA shotgun will work well. If your plan is to sweep and clear, the handgun is a better close quarters choice... A good light and some training is also a good idea...

Tools.. They are just that, nothing more.. Not shields or talismans against the evil that men do... learn how to use it and practice the plan...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast