pistol caliber carbine - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: pistol caliber carbine

I'm not sure why you would do it.. BUT...

We just bought a Beretta U22 Neos .22LR..

It looks like they make a Carbine kit for it..

Like I said.. Can someone explain why this is a GREAT Idea for a .22LR??

Here is the Pistol as it is Standard..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I've been told that when shooting a .38 spl. from a carbine (.357/ .38 spl. lever rifle) that the .38 would actually lose velocity due to the (20 in.) long barrel. Can anyone confirm this? If true wouldn't that make that make the .38 spl. worthless for defense purposes fired from the rife?
    Yes...

I was looking into a carbine in .45ACP for close range deer hunting. Researched that velocity increased up to about 15" of barrel length...after 15" of barrel, velocity began to drop again. Their test barrels went up to 24". That 24" barrel lost 82 fps from the same load shot from the 5" 1911. They had mentioned that most pistol calibers (non-magnum) would have the same effect. Also, this effect was more noticeable with the heavier for caliber bullet weights.

The most recent article I read about this was in December 2010 issue of "Handloader". Article was called "Barrel Length and the .45 ACP!"
    President/Biochemist
    Premium Nutrition, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    I'm not sure why you would do it.. BUT...

We just bought a Beretta U22 Neos .22LR..

It looks like they make a Carbine kit for it..

Like I said.. Can someone explain why this is a GREAT Idea for a .22LR??

Here is the Pistol as it is Standard..

.22LR ammo is cheaper then 9mm or 40 S&W ammo. Now the only thing is what is the cost of the kit and gun?

U22 Neos Inox Stock No: JU2S4 Price: $375.00
    Beretta U22 Neos Carbine Kit .22LR Stock No: JU22CK1 Price: $249.00

If it is to be successful It better be less then it is for a .22LR rifle and pistol bought separately. As my Sig Sauer 522 was only $500 after taxes After buying extra magazines, a red dot sight sight, a bore snake for cleaning and a case to carry it to the shooting range the price went to $650.

So after looking up the prices you can get one for what I got my Sig Sauer 522. Also the price of the U22 Neos was $275 so that would make it cheaper then my Sig 522.

Here is my Hi Point home defense 45acp carbine

Hi Point 45acp
    Attached Images Attached Images pistol caliber carbine-hi-20point-204595-20001.jpg 

Quote Originally Posted by riffmaker View Post
    Hi Point 45acp
    Sweet, I plan on getting one of those and may go with the 45. Looks like you got the fully loaded version!

I added most of the trinkets from the hi point website. Added about 150 to the cost. Well worth it to me. Havent seen any zombies since I got it. The word must be out..

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Is that storm reliable?
    Quite reliable, mine has been flawless so far (about 1.5K rounds) other than one jam right out of the box. Nothing since then.

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    I think that PCC's have a valid place in the hands of legal gun owners. They are handy, making the most out of pistol caliber velocity and accuracy. They are fun at the range and economical to shoot. They are very good for close quarters work in a tactical environment. The best part is that they fill that gap of 50-100 yds for tactical shooting.
    I have a Ruger PC 4 in .40 S&W that I like. I don't care for Bill Rugers 10 round magazines though
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

10. Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    I think that PCC's have a valid place in the hands of legal gun owners. They are handy, making the most out of pistol caliber velocity and accuracy. They are fun at the range and economical to shoot. They are very good for close quarters work in a tactical environment. The best part is that they fill that gap of 50-100 yds for tactical shooting.
    I agree completely.

I've owned several over the years (Marlin Camp Carbines in 9mm and .45 ACP, a Winchester '94 Trapper in .45 Colt, a Rossi '92 SRC in .357Mag and a Uberti Winchester '73 in .45 Colt) and they are extremely fun shooting and accurate out to the 50-150 yards zone that is usually beyond a handgun's practical range.

I intend on expanding the collection as funds are available and I come across the guns. I want a '73 and '92 in .38WCF (.38-40), a couple '92's in .44, one solid frame in .44Mag and a takedown in .44 Special along with probably a '92 (maybe a '73) in .32WCF (.32-20). Then there's the project I've had running through my mind about finding one of the hard to find Uberti '66's in .44 Special and replacing the barrel and lifter to convert it to only shoot .44 Russian (the closest round presently available to the original .44 Henry Flat).

If properly loaded, most of the mid and large bore chamberings are quite capable of killing deer sized and smaller game reliably out to 75 to 100 yards if the shooter is capable of doing their part. With their heavier weight and added point of contact, many novice big bore handgun shooters find them far more comfortable shooting the magnum pistol calibers and/or heavier bullet weight full power loads than with a handgun.

In the home/self defense role, they maximize the potential of the pistol caliber rounds they shoot while staying in a handy package that is still maneuverable in tight quarters indoors.

11. how about a car 15 in .45 cal [and use glock mags]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast