pistol caliber carbine - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: pistol caliber carbine

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    I've looked at the CX4, shot a buddies once and liked it... what's your opinion of yours?
    Depends on what you are looking for. I have one in 45 ACP and really like it. It actually is the gun that got me into guns to start with.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Depends on what you are looking for. I have one in 45 ACP and really like it. It actually is the gun that got me into guns to start with.
    My buddies was a .40 S&W, if I ever got one, it'd be a 9mm... ever handled the 9mm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    My buddies was a .40 S&W, if I ever got one, it'd be a 9mm... ever handled the 9mm?
    I have not had that chance yet. But even as a 45 recoil is quite mild as for the 9er you can get nice factory hi cap mags.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

I have the 9mm version of the Storm and have become rather fond of the wee beastie. Shoots well, handles +P+, and 30 rd factory mags. Good stuff.

since the developement of the 127 gr subsonic load for the 223, I personally see no reason to bother with PAC's for my own use. I'd much rather see a less than master grade shooter using one for HD than a pump 12 ga or a pistol. The laser sighted Hipoint 9mm, using CorBon 100 gr PowRBall ammo, is a great choice, can often be had for $200, used, especially from a private party. It is so "tame' to use (especially with electronic muffs or "earvalve' plugs, that .22lr practice really does = skill with the 9mm. so it's very well suited for those who can't/wont spend a lot of money on a defensive gun.

..... 127 gr subsonic load for the 223?

Show me.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

u never heard of google searches, right>?

I just did the google search, and AR-15 forum has a fair amount of postings about the 127 gr subsonic 223. Since the bullet is VERY long, you need a 1 in 7" rifling twist to keep it from tumbling in the air. However, the 60 gr Aquila subsonic .22lr, at 950 fps, loaded in .22 SHORT cases, works pretty well, will drop deer with head shots, to 50 yds or so. I'm not buying a 1 in 7 barrel, just for this sillyness, AND I wouldn't risk having that fast a twist ruin my accuracy with normal, 36 gr .22lr ammo. the 1 in 9 twist works fine with such .22's, but I've heard that the 1i n 7 twist does not. dunno personally, and I aint spending the money to find out, either.

10. I have the Keltec Sub2000 Glock 9mm
    It shoots very well.

11. I had picked up a police surplus PC40 in barely used condition a few years back, with ghost ring sights it was good for 2-3 moa at 100 yards, pretty impressive, chunking 180gr .40 rounds out at > .357mag velocities, fast as I could pull the trigger with no noticeable recoil it was very easy to keep on target. Of course being a Ruger it was heavy and built like a tank, well balanced but ultimately the heaviness made me ditch it, well that and getting rid of my .40 handguns (simplified down to 9mm, .357, and .45acp for now). I think these things definitely have a place, if you live in an area where you only have short ranges, or plan to use it for home defense, it's more controllable under rapid fire than a rifle caliber in the same size/weight of gun, and the ammo is generally cheaper and available even during these 'panics' so you can afford to have fun with it.

If it were possible to get, I'd have an mp5 clone SBR in 10mm, hell even in .40 would be pretty good, would never feel undergunned with that inside a house.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast