pistol caliber carbine
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pistol caliber carbine

Exclamation pistol caliber carbine

I think that PCC's have a valid place in the hands of legal gun owners. They are handy, making the most out of pistol caliber velocity and accuracy. They are fun at the range and economical to shoot. They are very good for close quarters work in a tactical environment. The best part is that they fill that gap of 50-100 yds for tactical shooting.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I agree. The problem with pistols has historically been the fact that they aren't very useful or accurate at very long distances. Pistol caliber carbines solve this problem; now, if only someone could figure out how to do the same for shotgun gauges (not including slugs), then that would be awesome.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Mine's a tack driver out to about 50 yards....that's the furthest out I've been able to shoot. I think it'd be more accurate with a scope, but I'm limited to "peep" style iron sights and a BSA red dot.

Beretta CX4 in .40 S&W
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    Mine's a tack driver out to about 50 yards....that's the furthest out I've been able to shoot. I think it'd be more accurate with a scope, but I'm limited to "peep" style iron sights and a BSA red dot.

Beretta CX4 in .40 S&W
    Nice.

Here's my 40 carbine. It's not as small as yours YET.SBR to follow:
    Legalize Freedom!

building an AR on my blog

New England transplant, now living in Ohio

CX4 Storm

I agree that the Storm makes an excellent house gun. Mine is a 9mm, loaded with Winchester Ranger 117gr SXT +P+ rounds.

For navigating around corners in the house, you cant beat this pistol caliber carbine, with anything less than a civilian-legal 16" barrel. It is so short overall, and very easily maneuverable in the CQB environment of a house or apartment.

Some may not care for it's "Ferrari" looks, and I confess that they took a bit of getting used to, but all that smooth, rounded surface area, coupled with so little of the small round barrel projecting out the front, does have an advantage. It makes a successful gun-grab by a bad guy virtually impossible.

And from a 16" barrel, a good +P+ hollow-point round like the SXT comes out smoking-fast, for maximum expansion.

[QUOTE=kcormack;60621]I
    Some may not care for it's "Ferrari" looks, and I confess that they took a bit of getting used to, but all that smooth, rounded surface area, coupled with so little of the small round barrel projecting out the front, does have an advantage. It makes a successful gun-grab by a bad guy virtually impossible.
    QUOTE]

It was love at first sight for me. I drooled over that thing for well over a year until I saved enough money to buy one.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Is that storm reliable?
    -Austin

New England transplant, now living in Ohio

Storm reliability

Mine has never jammed, locked up, or failed to eject a spent round. It's a simple blow-back design, so there's no gas tube or other overly complex system to drive the cycling.

I would not suggest loading it with light, wimpy competition hand-loads, though. There's quite a bit of mass to the bolt assembly, so you'll want to use good quality, commercially produced, full-charge range ammo, or better.

When I take it to the range, I normally feed it Federal's "American Eagle" ball ammo (pretty standard shoot-em-up range-quality stuff). I've also put about 200 -300 rounds of my chosen defense round (that gets a bit pricey though), without a problem. I don't see why the 40-cal version would be any less reliable, but since I own the 9mm version, that's the model I'll speak to.

Since it uses standard and high-cap Beretta 92 pistol magazines (for the 9mm version), you'll want to be sure, as with any magazine-fed firearm, that you use good quality mags.

And oh, the Storm is south-paw friendly, too, for any lefties.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Is that storm reliable?
    I've had ONE F.T.E. in about 2000 rounds of firing. It was within the first 50 trigger pulls I've ever run it through. Not sure what the cause was, but I pulled the lever back, racked a new one, and banged through 10 more magazines. I've fired mine in about every possible way, and have yet to have one miss on me.

By the way, rapid firing this little guy is about as close as I can get to having a real machine gun.

The CX4 is a complete BLAST to shoot, and I'd recommend it to anyone.

NY unfortunately. To be remedied when I retire.
    I have a Hi-Point Carbine in 40S&W that I took a nice deer with this season with one shot at about 30 yards. It's a very fun, accurate gun. You just can't beat it at around $250.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast