Norinco Rifles

Thread: Norinco Rifles

Smile Norinco Rifles

I finally got my license yesterday & I have my eye on this Norinco JW15W 22. rifle

I want to know if this is a good brand and is this model worth getting for target shooting on tight budget? (it's $350)

Norinco is a Chinese firm... specifically "The China North Industries Corp". I don't know anything about the particular rifle you are eyeing. However, I at one time owned a Norinco MAK-90 (AK-47 clone). It was a good rifle and the receiver was milled. Milled receivers are uncommon on AK's and their clones. I sold the rifle about 8 years ago and now wish I hadn't. Anyway, I have heard good and bad things about Norinco firearms so I would err on the side of caution before buying. I would check into Marlin, Ruger, Remington, Winchester, etc... etc.. as these companies have been making excellent .22 rifles for a long time.

Dude, for $350 you can get a bull barreled Savage, just look around. Savage rimfire rifles offer IMPECCABLE accuracy, and an excellent adjustable trigger right out of the box! :)
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

5. Norinco

Even before shirts, pants, shoes, tools gum food, and everything else we had Norinco SK's and cheap 45 autos. Like everybody says if you want a good 22 target rifle, try Savage, Marlin, Ruger and everybody else who makes American 22's. If you must make the trip make Norinco the last stop.

I concur with Ryan. Savage has some of the most affordable, accurate guns on the market. My 17HMR cost me less than the price quoted on your Norinco.
    Last edited by ronwill; 12-13-2009 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Sentence correction

I have a Norinco SKS and it works and shoots great. For that price though I think I would look into some of the other brands.

Thanks for info everyone, I went to my local gun dealer yesterday and found out that this Norinco model has been re-called or something so they won't be in stock for along time...So I'll go after a Savage 22. because they do sound good.