If you like the Judge you might the Circuit Judge - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you like the Judge you might the Circuit Judge

1. Winchester's new PDX 410 ammo with defense disks that grip the rifling and backed by #4 shot made especially for the Taurus Judge line would make the Circuit Judge a formidable defense weapon. See it here: http://www.winchester.com/Products/N.../pdx1-410.aspx

"An armed society is a polite society" -Robert A Heinlein

3. Quote Originally Posted by astute View Post
    I would wonder how it would pattern with a rifle barrel.
    The Judge loaded with .410 00 Bucks spreads the .36 cal shot as it bounces down the bore. This makes a hit almost certain. The carbine barrel of the Circuit Judge works best with Wichester's PDX 1 .410 shells with defense disks that grip the rifling spinning the disks for accuracy.
    See the PDX1 here http://www.winchester.com/Products/N.../pdx1-410.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    They took care of that also. It has a blast shield.

Great, so now it redirects the blast back toward your trigger hand and face!!??
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Thumbs down

I don't like it.
    It is a gimmic gun.
    And it's a Taurus

Edit: I am wrong it is a Rosi
    Last edited by theicemanmpls; 03-26-2010 at 05:02 PM. Reason: senior moment

6. Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    I don't like it.
    It is a gimmic gun.
    And it's a Taurus
    A stanch Colt supporter friend of mine who carries a Python on a daily basis saw my Taurus 605 .357 with a 3" barrel and bought one for his backup piece. He also owns a Raging Bull in 454 Casull.

Taurus makes fine firearms. Just don't see any use for this one.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

8. Revolver Carbine Suggestions

Taurus had a great idea with it's Circuit Judge Carbine. Now, why don't they chamber it for .44 Magnum? I realize that this would eliminate the .410 option, but i think many shooters would appreciate it's increased capability as a rifle. Cutting the barrel to 16" and using a less fancy synthetic stock would make it even lighter. I also agree with other posters that a folding stock accessory would sell. And so would a take-down version, although for legal reasons this would have be designed in a manner to prevent the "rifle" from converting to an operational pistol.

Want to hate it ...

... but think I want one

10. According to a TV interview with the main dude in Florida w/ Taurus, there is a "shotgun version" coming.
    Anyone find anymore info on this?

wolfhunter Guest
    There was an additional "cover" on this month's American Rifleman that was essentially a several page ad for Rossi carbines:
    The Wizard has multiple available barrels, a la T/C's Contender. 21 Rimfire, Centerfire, Muzzleloader, and Shotgun calibers/gauges are listed.
    The Rio Grande is a 30-30 Lever-action.
    The Circuit Judge currently only available as described here.
    The Ranch Hand is .357/.38Spl, .44Mag/.44Spl,, or .45 Colt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast