Show off your painted firearms....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show off your painted firearms....

Show off your painted firearms....

I really like the looks of some of the custom painted guns. I've been kicking around the idea of painting my Savage 10FP with a digital Black/OD/Tan camo scheme. I've used graph paper to create some quick templates to give me an idea of what it would look like. My plan is to transfer those templates to contact paper, stick them to the stock and give it a krylon paint job. I figure with the krylon, if it turns out bad or I don't like it I can strip it fairly easy.

So now it's time for you guys to show off your paint jobs.......
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Just please don't paint it pink.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Just please don't paint it pink.
    I was actually thinking about doing the XD next, something like this....

"When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Have you considered blaze orange? I hear they are popular in state parks in Tennessee.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Have you considered blaze orange? I hear they are popular in state parks in Tennessee.
    You know I had thought about it....

Why blend into your surroundings when you can just blind your target! lol
    - Benjamin Franklin

Don't forget to wear your speedos when you sashay thru the park with your pink gun.

I recently kicked the same idea around about my coyote rifle the other day. Let me know how it goes. Also

Varmint Al's Handloading/Reloading Page

Pretty neat site. For shooters,hunters,and just general gun cranks.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

I got the first coat on last night and it's looking good. I'm going to cut out some female stencils and add the tan. Takes a lot of time but I'm happy with how it's turning out.
    - Benjamin Franklin

Exclamation painted Lady

Nobody made furniture the color I wanted so me and a can of Krylon Fusion Hunting ultra flat from wally world got a little bit carried away! Every thing was disassembled and prepped using a good degreaser to get the mold release agent off the plastic pieces and then wiped down with cheese cloth soaked in paint thinner (mineral Spirits) to open up the pores in the plastic and ensure the degreasing was up to par. This paint is over 6 months old. The gun has been shot repeatedly at the range and is holding up well.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I have to admit that this would be a new pasttime for me. I've never considered, nor discussed with anyone, painting any of my firearms. I do wrap camo tape over my shtogun for turkey hunting, but other than that....

Old dog, new tricks...(Although I think you guys got way more time on your hands than I do!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast