My first lever action... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first lever action...

I think you should stop buying guns. or growing them, whatever. It's making me (and perhaps the rest of the community) feel kinda like we need to refinance or homes and tap into the equity I think the guns could be worth more than the house in the long run...

I miss mine. I sold a model 94 many years back and wish I had not. Oh well there's always next tax season...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    K*PB, Now that growen' season is here, could you grow either one of these?

It would be really kind of you to include one of these Large Lever Loops as well. I gotz big phat ahands..

Henry Repeating Arms.
    No promises but I'll see what I can do.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I found a pretty good deal (works for me) on a new Henry Big Boy .357 today, pick it up tomorrow. Question..for any kind of defense purposes, is it really necessary to shoot HP ammo in a rifle? How about .357 JSP? And isn't a good 158gr. .38spl. enough to do the job from a rifle? Would appreciate everyone's input.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

That is one sweet rifle KimberPB! I wanna get a lever action now but I'm worried my wife will lay claim to it like she did the 6.8 AR15.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I found a pretty good deal (works for me) on a new Henry Big Boy .357 today, pick it up tomorrow. Question..for any kind of defense purposes, is it really necessary to shoot HP ammo in a rifle? How about .357 JSP? And isn't a good 158gr. .38spl. enough to do the job from a rifle? Would appreciate everyone's input.
    Maybe check out a box or 2 of Hornaday LeverEvolution in .357.
    357 Mag 140 gr FTX® LEVERevolution®
    Semper Fi

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    You found that nice rifle laying in the weeds?
    Now I remember where I laid that durn rifle....

Hey all, new to the forum and found this post and made me nostalgic so I had to post regarding the lever actions.

I absolutely love the lever action feel, especially in hunting situations..just something about the feel and the way they point for me.

I started hunting up in WA w/ a Model 94 30/30 in the trapper model, with saddle ring...short little sucker, but man is that a great brush gun. I hunted everything from coyotes to elk w/ the thing (only gun I had, so it had to do) never got to shoot an elk w/ it (luckily) as it would have to have been up close and a perfect shot) but it sure packs nice.

Took my first deer with it, and still to this day, i pull it out of its storage, load her up and hit the mountains at least once a year for hunting...its also my pack gun when I am scouting etc, its just so much easier carrying even w/o the shoulder strap etc that I prefer to carry that all day compared to my '06.

My ideal lever action, and gun that I really would love to have is the Marlin Guide Gun in 45/70...someday.

enjoy the new toy!

Henry Big Boy .357/.38 spl., my newest addition.

In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Henry Big Boy .357/.38 spl., my newest addition.

Fine American Made Rifle. Very Nice
    Semper Fi

11. I have a Marlin 1894 in .44 mag/.44 special. It feeds both rounds easily.
    I've been very pleased with it in terms of handling and accuracy. I'm sure the .357/.38 special is just as good.
    The only difference I can see is that mine came with the checkering of the stock for about the same price as the plain one mentioned in the OP. Still, that's just cosmetics. It's the results that matter. :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast