My first lever action...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My first lever action...

My first lever action...

I've wanted to add a lever action to my collection for some time now. I've never owned or shot one but have always thought they were interesting guns. Well, a buddy of mine called me to let me know someone had just brought one in on consignment. I stopped by his shop and it was a mint Marlin 1894 .357 carbine lever action. Talked to the guy some and was able to walk out the door with it for $425. Here she is. What do you guys think?

"When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

You found that nice rifle laying in the weeds?
    Semper Fi

4. Nice. I've always liked the lever actions. Just something appealing about the mechanical working. One of these days I'm going to find me a Henry lever action lying in the weeds!

lol yep some laided it in the weeds, rang the door bell, and ran. I guess they knew I'd give it a good and loving home.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Leave that laying in the weeds. I will come by and pick it up, so it don't rust out.
    Can you cycle .38's through it?
    I want one.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Leave that laying in the weeds. I will come by and pick it up, so it don't rust out.
    Can you cycle .38's through it?
    I want one.
    Yep, it seems to cycle .38 without a problem.
    - Benjamin Franklin

8. NICE! Now we can call you the Rifle Man. Opps your to young to remember him.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberRB View Post
    NICE! Now we can call you the Rifle Man. Opps your to young to remember him.
    haha that's to funny. I was just flipping through the chanels and the were play Rifle Man on Rerun TV. So I had to watch it.
    - Benjamin Franklin

My next lever will be the Henry Big Boy .357/.38 spl., always wanted a Henry. My three revolvers are .357 so it'll be nice to have a rifle of same caliber. Will be checking stores for best price tomorrow. Curious as to if anyone has a Henry, if so, how do you like it? So far I've heard only good things, zero negatives.
    AMERICA'S EPITAPH
    Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, He Gave Them Up To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done

K*PB, Now that growen' season is here, could you grow either one of these?

It would be really kind of you to include one of these Large Lever Loops as well. I gotz big phat ahands..

Henry Repeating Arms.
    Semper Fi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast