New Mosin-Nagant Owner - Any Tips? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Mosin-Nagant Owner - Any Tips?

I just picked up these 2 Tula, Hex Receiver Mosin's from Classic Arms a few weeks back with all of the accessories. All the numbers match, including the numbers on the bayonets. As soon as it cools down I give them a good cleaning and take them to the range and light them up! Bill T.

3. The best tip I can give you....
    ....take your cleaning kit to the range...
    ....shoot the rifle till it's hot, scrub the bore...
    ....repeat this several times.

The M-N is a great rifle when you don't have alot of funds for a rifle. You have to accept its foibles in exchange for the low price.

I have a 91/30 got it basicly because I could not resist the price, I got the rifle and 100 rds for $150, had all the stuff with it sling, cleaning kit, ammo bags, and of course the pig sticker as I call it, we had a AR and when my wife and I went to the range we each had to wait for other to get done, then had to wait for the gun to cool off, now with the Mosin, we can both shoot and have fun also I have a rear sight mounted scope, and it seems to work great, the Mosin is almost as good as the long barreled AR at 100 yds, if I do shoot the surplus ammo with corrosive primers, I do clean it as soon as I can, do not really take any extra pains just a good cleaning, we have a fun time shooting it, I did put a rubber slip on pad, it can be punnishing, if you shoot much, but with the pad there is no problem with recoil, the ammo is the only pain, not all gun shops have it, and your deffinatly not going to find it at Gander mt, or Bass pro, online ammo shops are your best bet, going to a gun show this weekend to see if I can pick up one of those 500 rd cans,

6. I bought my mosin nagant at gander mt. about a month ago. 135.00 plus back ground check. they had 6 or 8 boxes of ammo, silver bear and brown bear, about 12.00 a box, but ifound a small gun store that had ammo 4 5.00 for a box of 20.

Quote Originally Posted by zeddicus View Post
    I bought my mosin nagant at gander mt. about a month ago. 135.00 plus back ground check. they had 6 or 8 boxes of ammo, silver bear and brown bear, about 12.00 a box, but ifound a small gun store that had ammo 4 5.00 for a box of 20.
    Gander Mountain charges you for a background check? Bill T.

8. yea, they charged me 10:00 back ground check fee, even tho i have an hgp.

yea, they charged me 10:00 back ground check fee, even tho i have an hgp.
    It's a lot of nerve to charge a customer for something that doesn't cost them a dime, and is a legal requirement for THEM to do, not you. Especially when few others do it. What's next, a fee for filling out their end of the 4473 form? Bill T.

yea, they charged me 10:00 back ground check fee, even tho i have an hgp.
    They blasted me twice, till I realized that they over charge on the guns by a bunch, then tell you about the great deal you just got...................

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    It's a lot of nerve to charge a customer for something that doesn't cost them a dime, and is a legal requirement for THEM to do, not you. Especially when few others do it. What's next, a fee for filling out their end of the 4473 form? Bill T.
    Yea, that don't sound right. I shop at Gander all the time and have yet to be charged that fee.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12