Range Report

Thread: Range Report

1. Range Report

Well had a change to take the new Mini 14 out to the range last night and I got to say it preformed flawlessly. First three shots grouped together about the size of a quarter. Scope was off some but after tweaking it some I was busting the bull. Very EZ gun to shot and control. Now Iím ready to go coyote hunting when PB gets here.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

I have had one sense the late 70's or early 80's. Memory fails me here. Early model before they came with the ventilated barrel shroud. It is still one of my favorite guns. You should get a lot of service out of it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

4. Ya HK I had one some time back but I think this one shots just a bit better than that one did. Been wanting to get a new one for some time so I just did it. Got to love Ruger Guns

Scope needed "Tweaking".... HMMMM... If you have any seeds left, Let me know.......
    Semper Fi

You know I usually do not sell many guns because if I did not want it I would not have bought it in the first place however there was one that I sold I sure regret now. Back in the early 90's I had a mini in 7.62X39 that I picked up at a bargain. Stupid me I sold it shortly there after for 300 bucks.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Hey maybe you'll actually be able to out shot me now!

What am I thinking you have no chance! lol
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

8. Being a mini owner and lover, I was wondering what version you have (I have a 580 Ranch). I have noticed a significant decrease in accuracy as the barrel heats up. I have trouble hitting a 12" targer at 50 yards after 100 rounds have been put through her.

Have you done anything to accurize yours? I was looking into cryo treatment or a strut. Any suggestions?
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

What's not to love about a mini 14. A M1 carbine that actually has the firepower that it deserves!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

10. I shot 80 rounds through mine last night and had not one problem. now it did heat up but shot right on.