So I'm thinking of getting an AR15 - UPDATE: I got one!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So I'm thinking of getting an AR15 - UPDATE: I got one!

So I'm thinking of getting an AR15 - UPDATE: I got one!

This was the next firearm on my want list and it looks like I may be able to get one pretty soon. I'm waiting for a few price quotes to come back my way. I just wanted to get your opinions on manufactures. My first choice is Rock River Arms but may also consider a few others. Bushmaster, Armalite, Doublestar?

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

ive had an olympic arms , a bushmaster and now i have a rock river. all three are excellent firearms but i would have to say that i am happiest with my rock river that came standard with a 2 stage trigger hogue grip. I also have a olympic upper in 243 wssm which i would have to say shoots some awesome groups with factory ammo. any of the ones you mentioned are quality firearms. there are lots to choose from. lewis machine and tool make high quality ar's , wilson combat also on the top of the list, but both are a bit pricey. :D

I just bought a Bushmaster varmit with a 20 in barrel and am waiting for it to get delivered to the gun store. One came in for me already but upon inspection there was damage to the forearm and I refused to accept it. I'm wondering if it was a demo model at the Shot Show as I live in Vegas and it arrived rather quickly after I ordered it.

What about Stag Arms? Cheaper and supposed to be good quality. Colt still sell them? I've shot a lot of Colt ARs and I like em.

echo_5 Guest

Thumbs up

Rock River comes with the best standard trigger in the industry. I've got an eliteA4 and I love it! I highly recommend a mid-length gas system for reliability and greater sight radius. Good luck with your purchase.

BTW: Stag actuallly makes lowers for RRA! their quality is also excellent but I can't get enough of of a standard two-stage trigger.
    Last edited by echo_5; 02-13-2008 at 11:21 PM. Reason: BTW:

I'll take a look at the stags but I think I'll be going with a RRA. I shot my dad's and really liked it. We'll see.

Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Luke,

I have a friend in Seminole (across the bridge) that's an FFL dealer. I know he has an account with RRA so I may be able to get you a decend price on one. Let me know which model your looking at and I'll find out a price for you.

He also gets ARs from a guy in Lakeland that custom makes them. The company is called Anvil Arms and I've heard good thing about them. I used one of his lowers to build my AR.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    Luke,

I have a friend in Seminole (across the bridge) that's an FFL dealer. I know he has an account with RRA so I may be able to get you a decend price on one. Let me know which model your looking at and I'll find out a price for you.

He also gets ARs from a guy in Lakeland that custom makes them. The company is called Anvil Arms and I've heard good thing about them. I used one of his lowers to build my AR.
    I'm looking at the RRA Entry Tactical. Best price so far was $919 delivered.

Ok I'll check with my friend and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    Ok I'll check with my friend and let you know.
    Thanks. What kind do have there in your avatar?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast