Hi-point 9mm - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi-point 9mm

Attachment 729

Here are picture of my Hi Point 4595. New to this sight. But a long time lurker.

Hi-point 9mm

WOW ! Looks like you have all the whistles & bells, eh?
    There's a great deal at Cabellas and I'm off to pick one up today.
    Will let you all know how it goes.

YouTube - Hi-Point Pistols: The Ultimate Test RELOADED

Check out some of the other videos also

Quote Originally Posted by Ronsmag View Post
    Check out some of the other videos also
    Thanks for the link(s). That should silence the Hi-Point critics that will tell you they're junk and that they'll blow up in your hands.

Hi-point 9mm

Went to Cabelas yesterday and took a good look at the HI_POINT. Was not impressed with the finish of this gun, so I decided to pass for now. Will be looking at the next gun show in Jan. for the Kel Tek or others.

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    Went to Cabelas yesterday and took a good look at the HI_POINT. Was not impressed with the finish of this gun, so I decided to pass for now. Will be looking at the next gun show in Jan. for the Kel Tek or others.
    Not trying to be rude or mean but if you are worried about fit and finish you need to be looking at items that cost a lot more $$$$$!
    You know HK, Sig, Springfield Armory and on and on.
    The Hi-points are very inexpensive and do the job in a minimalist sort of way.

Awhile back (cple months) I saw Hi-point handguns advertised for around $149. They make them in 9mm and .40. Their carbines in handgun chambering also were not much more money.
    Got me to thinking that it would be good to buy 2 handguns and 2 carbines just to bury or have to trade "just in case". Some do believe that things could get strange and maybe this would be something to have along with pickles, beer, gold and some extrra food!

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Awhile back (cple months) I saw Hi-point handguns advertised for around $149. They make them in 9mm and .40. Their carbines in handgun chambering also were not much more money.
    Got me to thinking that it would be good to buy 2 handguns and 2 carbines just to bury or have to trade "just in case". Some do believe that things could get strange and maybe this would be something to have along with pickles, beer, gold and some extrra food!
    Or to be accurate, Hi-Point manufactures handguns in .380 ACP, .9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP. They also manufacture carbines in .9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP.

I own a 995 Carbine. I put an ATI stock conversion on it that makes the body resemble a Beretta CX4 storm. A little about the warranty on top of what's been discussed already... Hi Point states if you have any issues with accuracy, feeding, jams, or failures of any kind, simply send the rifle back to them, and they will take care of it. I have yet to see my Glock, Taurus, or Marlin stand up to that kind of warranty. Sure, they warranty for life, but not for every thing that could possibly go wrong including user error/stupidity.

And I paid $250 new for mine at the time. It came with 1 10rnd mag, and I have 6 15rnd mags for it also. Fun to shoot and the accuracy is great with minimal felt recoil.
    Eppur Si Muove

9mm hi-point

I haven't givin up on this gun yet. Just want to look around a bit before I commit.
    The only thing that concerned me on the finish was the bluing on the metal parts, ( or the lack of ), looked to me if it ever got wet, would rust pretty quick.
    Going to a different gun shop today to look at the Kel-Tek. They have both, so I can get a good look and decide from there. I might like the idea of the folding stock too. But again the Hi-Point has a lot af optional equipment that is cheap. Going to be hard to decide.
    More later. Thanks for the input.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast