Hi-point 9mm - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hi-point 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    Finally got to the range this morning. Ran 50 fmj through and man, am I stoked! This thing shoots like a champ and I absolutely love it! Thanks to all of you for your comments, really pleased & glad I bought this.
    Ordered the laser for it, can't wait to shoot from the hip, ( or arm pit ).
    Glad that things worked out for you.

Hi-point 9mm

Got the stuff I ordered today. The extra mags,&
    holder. Very cool ! The compensator, laser,& scope.Mounted the laser using the iron sights and it went on good. Then I took off the sight from the rail and mounted the scope. Not so good. Can't adjust it enough to line up with the laser. Will be going to the range tomorrow. Maybe I did something wrong, but to install looks pretty straight forward.
    Waiting for the foam I ordered from THE FOAM FACTORY. Then I can get started making a hard case for it. Will send some pics when I get it done.

Heck yes, they are good for the money and perfectly alright for plinking. I have the carbines in 9 and 40 and a 40 handgun and they are a lot of fun and you don't need to worry about a scratch here or there. Besides, HP does a good job on their lifetime warranty. I have had occasional jams and some light primer strikes at times but at the range that really is not an issue. For personal defense I would go with something pricier but aside of that they are great.

Finally got this thing finished. Ended up sending the scope back and went with the iron sights. Works great for now. Using the laser and shooting from the arm pit is too cool. May try a RED DOT on it. The 3rd. pic was a mistake, not my gun.

What kind of mags are you using in pic 003? They look like C9 10-rounders. How do they work?
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Sorry, I uploaded pic 3 by mistake. Not my gun. I am using the 9mm 10 rd. mags by HI-POINT. So far I've ran a few hundred rds. through it & no problems at all. I'm a newby to this stuff, but I can tell you, I am stoked with this gun ! ! ! For the $$ you can't beat it !

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    For the $$ you can't beat it !
    Pretty much what I said in post #6.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

For $225 (on sale) and a solid no question asked warranty whats not to love? My son (13 yr old) shot mine the other day and now declares it "his".

I bought my 995 about 4 months ago. What a fun gun! I bring it to the indoor range everytime I go shooting my handguns. This gun has no recoil, I mean none! I have put about 1000 rounds through it without a hitch. It is now my wifes HD gun.
    One thing, people who give this gun a bad review, usually have never shot or owned one. They just assume if it is inexpensive, then it can't be good. So, their opinion doesn't hold any value. Also, everytime one of these guns are purchased, you put an American to work. Made in America.
    Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.
    James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyFingers View Post
    One thing, people who give any Hi-Point a bad review, usually have never shot or owned a Hi-Point. They just assume if it is inexpensive, then it can't be good. So, their opinion doesn't hold any value because they're ignorant gun snobs.
    Just wanted to fix that up for ya.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234