Hi-point 9mm
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi-point 9mm

Hi-point 9mm

Saw these for cheap at Cabellas, wonder if anyone here has any experience with this model. Not really into AR's yet so I know nothing about them. My brother has a couple HI-POINT pistols and he says they work fine for target shooting.

They may be fine for target shooting......where you don't need them to be reliable. Everything I have heard from fellow shooters is that you just can't count on them. I have had no personal experience with them.

4. Thats all you will want to use them for is target shooting. I had a 45 and a 9.. both shot ok.. VERY heavy guns. The gun itself shot alright jammed with any type of ammo.. not often about 5 times every 500 rounds.. (in my opinion that is often) but if the price is right and you just wanna toy around go for it!!! Personal opinion is save the money and get something nice..

Hi-point 9mm

Was really asking about the 9mm ar. I just wondered if the less than $300 price would be worth getting one just for plinking.

6. HA! sorry assumed 9mm handgun! no experience with the rifles :) CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    Was really asking about the 9mm ar. I just wondered if the less than $300 price would be worth getting one just for plinking.
    The first thing we need to do is take care of your problem identifying the firearm you're asking about. Hi-Point does not now nor have they ever made a "9mm ar".

An AR is a semi-auto rifle designed by Eugene Stoner and originally manufactured by ArmaLite, hence the 'AR'. The most common model being the AR-15 chambered in 5.56x45/.223. These are in no way related to Hi-Point 995's except that they're both semi-auto rifles/carbines. And they're both usually black.

The Hi-Point 995 carbine is a cheap (relatively), fun and dependable gun. As mentioned above it's a semi-auto, blow back design chambered in 9mm Luger and has a 10 round magazine that inserts into the pistol grip. There are two models, the old style 995 and the new style 995TS. They are cosmetically different but mechanically the same except the TS has a last round hold open feature on the action.

These carbines (old and new) are great for plinking, hunting small game and for self defense. There are lots of police departments in the US that are using them now thanks to their dependability, low price, accuracy and ease of use.

Maybe the best thing for people who can't maintain their own firearms is the lifetime guarantee. Anything it needs, including cleaning, the factory will take care of free of charge. For life. Original owner or not. Just ship it to them. Try that with any other manufacturer.

All in all, the 995 is a two thumbs up kinda gun. That being said depending on the model, $300 is kind of high. My 995 cost $169 a couple of years ago and my 995TS cost $214 delivered last last year or earlier this year.

Oh yeah, personal experience. My 995 has 15,000 rounds through it and my TS has about 7,000 rounds through it. Both with essentially zero malfunctions. The only problems are with the aftermarket 15 round magazines that only work most of the time.

My advice is to go buy one and have fun with it.

IIRC, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold used a High-point 9mm carbine durring the Columbine High School terrorist attack. Not that that is the world's greatest endorsement.

I shot one a friend had and was ready to buy...then I shot a Kel-tec Sub 2000.
    One of these days I'll still probably get one...maybe after a third Sub2K.

Check Hi Point on You Tube, 2 guys did a tourture test on one that changed their minds

Quote Originally Posted by Ronsmag View Post
    Check Hi Point on You Tube, 2 guys did a tourture test on one that changed their minds
    Link?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast