Side by side shotgun for home defense-thoughts? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Side by side shotgun for home defense-thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Sure, I agree. It is just as true that some firearms are better than others for a given purpose. In my opinion, there are better weapons for home defense than a double-barrel shotgun.
    Like what? It's simple to operate and will never jam. Other then a revolver what could be better? Like Clint says a single shot shotgun is just as good as a 1k shotgun. When you start talking about semi automatic handguns your right in that fact that some guns are better then others.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

I just love my 12 ga S x S Coach Shotgun!

If you are gonna saw it off more just remember if you get below the minimum, you will have to pay $200 for a special Federal permit or be illegal.

Really, the 20" barrels on a Coach Shotgun are easy to carry in the home and if it has open cylinder (no choke) which most are, the pattern will spread quickly. With mine, which is all black and has chromed inner tubes and chromed muzzle, looks awesome when all you can see are the two muzzle rings looking at you in lower light conditions.

I like it so much I gave my son my Savage 12 ga pump slug gun that I used for HD for years. I will also have my CCW 9 MM with 10 + 1 shots as backup.

I also agree ~ shooting a shotgun in an enclosed space is worse than a handgun for noise. As good as the flash/bangs the police use. Gets your attention and stuns you for a bit. If you have the time, use ear protection ~ if not, the only choice you have is let her rip!

"A free people should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from anyone, including their own government. ~ G. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Like what?
    I would choose a high-capacity pump gun, or even some semi-autos, over a side-by-side gun. Law enforcement and the military, who have the most at stake in weapons selections, see it that way, too. If you want a double because it is (looks) "bad ass," that's nobody's business but yours. Get what YOU want and enjoy!
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life) - GrassRoots GunRights SC

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    I would choose a high-capacity pump gun, or even some semi-autos, over a side-by-side gun. Law enforcement and the military, who have the most at stake in weapons selections, see it that way, too. If you want a double because it is (looks) "bad ass," that's nobody's business but yours. Get what YOU want and enjoy!
    If you cant drop the BG with two rounds of 00 buck then what the hell is a nine round pump going to do for you? You don't need a tacti-cool firearm for home defense. Comparing what leo officers and military units would use/need to what a home owner would need is nuts. Most home defense firearms sit in a safe/ night stand.

Awesome thoughts yall.I think i will go ahead and sell the Benelli so i can pay some bills.After buying the Stoeger,i will still have a profit.I never really liked the idea of having to use the Benelli inside.I really doubt a 20" barrel is my type of hd gun.Yes,i know about the 200 dollar tax.
    I Love Nicki Minaj

Quote Originally Posted by .45 Ben View Post
    Awesome thoughts yall.I think i will go ahead and sell the Benelli so i can pay some bills.After buying the Stoeger,i will still have a profit.I never really liked the idea of having to use the Benelli inside.I really doubt a 20" barrel is my type of hd gun.Yes,i know about the 200 dollar tax.
    Let us know how you make out. Be sure to post some photos of the new family member.

Yeah, let us'uns know.

Ya know, if everyone liked the same car, We wouldn't have Ford, Chevy, Honda, Dodge, etc. etc. etc.~~~~

Same with smokepoles!

"A free people should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from anyone, including their own government. ~ G. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    If you cant drop the BG with two rounds of 00 buck then what the hell is a nine round pump going to do for you? You don't need a tacti-cool firearm for home defense. Comparing what leo officers and military units would use/need to what a home owner would need is nuts. Most home defense firearms sit in a safe/ night stand.
    What if there are 3 bad guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Dancer View Post
    LOL the what if game. What if the nine shot mossburge 590 jams and you have no time to clear the jam. What if the firing pin fails to hit the shells ect...... More then likely when this 3rd or 5th or 6th guy sees his buddys chest get peppered with 00 or 000 buck or a buck and ball round they will take off for the hills. What if more then nine people break in to your home? Not sure about you but my home defense is a layered system. Home sercuirty system, cctv's and dead bolts then comes the handguns/shotguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancer View Post
    Good question.

But I have read numerous "home owner shoots invader" scenarios where there were two invaders breakin in, one of them gets shot and the other runs for his life. Unless they are trapped, I strongly believe they would make a straight B line for the door. Like I said before, the side by sides have been protecting homes for generations. If it was good enough for wyatt earp? It will be good enough for me!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast