Impressions on Sig 516? compared to colt?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impressions on Sig 516? compared to colt?

Impressions on Sig 516? compared to colt?

Looking to get bushmaster as next purchase but the gun guys are trying to say that the Sig 516 is better. Have a Colt AR 15 that i have had since 1984 and it is "OK" in my book. If I am to get a new one i want a big upgrade without breakin the bank.
    I have a Sig P226. had it for 15 years and its a decent gun. My only personal experience with Sig.
    I haven't found a place that i could test the 516. If i could find one in Southern Mo or north AR. i would drive to test it. My friend has the bushmaster and it performs better than my colt. feedback please.

Also barrel length. I just need 500yds out of it and my Colt does that easy with 16inch barrel.
    We ALL shall see the Lord one day .... please don't make me set up the meeting.

Get the Sig! Get the Sig! Get the Sig! Get the Sig! Just my thoughts...

Just from the various gun-forum websites that I visit on a regular basis, I get the impression that Sig rifles don't always enjoy the same QC that their pistols do. I don't recall anything specific about the 516 but I've seen a lot more complaints about their long guns than I have their shorties.

My S&W has performed flawlessly and I know a couple of people who say the same thing about their Rock River ARs.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

You couldn't give me a Bushmaster that I wouldn't turn around and sell and use the cash for an LMT CQB MRP.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ropadope View Post
    LMT CQB MRP
    A what? A what? And a what? All this alphabet soup is making me dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    A what? A what? And a what? All this alphabet soup is making me dizzy.
    LMAO !!!

Here's a review of the Lewis Machine Tool CQB MRP and MRP rifles both DI and Piston guns.

HERE: LMT MRP Rifle Review
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

I've always admired LMTs. From afar, unfortunately
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by rudiepop View Post
    My friend has the bushmaster and it performs better than my colt.
    In what way does your friend's Bushmaster perform better than your Colt? My Colt LE6920 is a delight to shoot and has never hiccuped, not even once. A Bushmaster might do the same thing, but I can't imagine how it could perform better. Is there a problem with your Colt?
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life) - GrassRoots GunRights SC

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    In what way does your friend's Bushmaster perform better than your Colt? My Colt LE6920 is a delight to shoot and has never hiccuped, not even once. A Bushmaster might do the same thing, but I can't imagine how it could perform better. Is there a problem with your Colt?
    Nothing wrong with my Colt other than it has seen alot of use and some abuse. AR-15 A2 Sporter preban. One thing I HATE about it. If I rapid fire I will get some failure to feed now and then. Actually more than now and then. If I pump two thirty round clips out at a moderatly rapid pace it will happen once for sure. If you keep it to two to four round bursts it seems to do fine. I have tried new clips and the colt clips perform best.
    We ALL shall see the Lord one day .... please don't make me set up the meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by rudiepop View Post
    Nothing wrong with my Colt other than it has seen alot of use and some abuse. AR-15 A2 Sporter preban. One thing I HATE about it. If I rapid fire I will get some failure to feed now and then. Actually more than now and then. If I pump two thirty round clips out at a moderatly rapid pace it will happen once for sure. If you keep it to two to four round bursts it seems to do fine. I have tried new clips and the colt clips perform best.
    Thanks! I was just curious. And, pretty bullish on the Colts. One of my friends, a guy with more firearms experience than anyone else I know, has a Bushmaster with which he is delighted. Different strokes...
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life) - GrassRoots GunRights SC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast