Home Defense Shotgun - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Defense Shotgun

I have a Mossberg 500. Its an 18.5" 20gauge with a pistol grip. Its my wife's home defense weapon of choice. Not having a buttstock, it's extremely short and manuverable. I can pull the receiver right up against my shoulder, although I don't think I'd want to do that with a 12.

Red face shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by daddy o View Post
    I have a Mossberg 500. Its an 18.5" 20gauge with a pistol grip. Its my wife's home defense weapon of choice. Not having a buttstock, it's extremely short and maneuverable. I can pull the receiver right up against my shoulder, although I don't think I'd want to do that with a 12.
    I gave my son a Mossberg 500 in 12 gage years ago when he was about 16 or 17. It had the Long barrel and the 18 inch one that you could change out. Regularly stock and a pistol grip. One day he was shooting it with the pistol grip on it and decided to try and hold it up to see if he could use the sites that way. He came close to messing up several hundred dollars worth of dental work.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I picked up my Remington 870 Express 12 ga for $250 NIB. It is the home defense model with an 18" barrel and a 2 shot tube extension. I put a top folding stock on it to make it even shorter. I love this gun.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/gallery/index.php?n=72
    That's nice...I like the folding stock. How easy is it to lock/unlock in a hurry?
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Believe it or not, I saw a 870 express for $209 at walmart? is this a good deal, or should I expect something wrong with it?
    M1 Garand, Kimber Custom Carry II, Ruger P-95, Mossberg Persuader 12ga., Charles Daly 12ga(My gobbler gobbler)
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html

wolfhunter Guest
    Doc, good deal.

I have a Benelli Super Nova with 20" barrel and the factory tactical stock.

Did you get one?

SigFan,

Did you ever get a shotgun? If so what? I am a huge fan of tactical shotguns. I started out with a Rem 870 tactical (12G of course) with a Knoxx Spec Ops Stock. I've tweaked it some over the years and still love to shoot it. I have an autoloader for quail, but want a tactical autoloader for my next SG purchase. Still debating on which one though since there are so many good ones. I spent a good deal of the Shot Show in Orlando looking for that next HD SG.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

8. I have a Winchester 12ga Autoloader with a pistol stock and 18" barrel. The only issue is that is only holds 2 + 1 and it's not plugged. I'm thinking about building a rotary magazine for it. It would mean taking a grinder to the gun and I kind of like it, so I'm on the fence.

wolfhunter Guest

Wink

For those who question the use of "bird shot" in a home defense shotgun:

Damn! That's gotta hurt. If that was from a defensive situation, that guy must of Sh** his pants!
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Exclamation Yes but there is more to the story

Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    Damn! That's gotta hurt. If that was from a defensive situation, that guy must of Sh** his pants!

There are now 2 or more sides to the story. The plaintiff's, the defendant's, and the police report.

From the pattern I'd say that this knucklehead was about 15-20 yards from a cylinder bore bbl.

At less than 10 feet the same round would have been lethal.

I don't know who the shooter was , (depending on the state where this took place) but he is potentially in for one hell of a lawsuit even if he was right in the use of dedaly force.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast