Bushmaster Carbon 15 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bushmaster Carbon 15

I have a S&W 15T. My knowledge of ARs is fairly limited compared to other firearms but I will pass on the advice that I got from a couple of professionals before I bought my AR. They didn't care much for Bushmasters although they agreed that as a weekend plinker it would be OK although the odds of my having problems, especially over time, would increase with one of their rifles. I took their advice and spent a little more $$$ on a S&W. I can't say how things would have worked out had I bought the Bushmaster but after about 2k rounds through my 15T, I'm very happy.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

3. Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I have a S&W 15T. My knowledge of ARs is fairly limited compared to other firearms but I will pass on the advice that I got from a couple of professionals before I bought my AR. They didn't care much for Bushmasters although they agreed that as a weekend plinker it would be OK although the odds of my having problems, especially over time, would increase with one of their rifles. I took their advice and spent a little more $$$ on a S&W. I can't say how things would have worked out had I bought the Bushmaster but after about 2k rounds through my 15T, I'm very happy.
    The S&W 15T was a very wise choice.

4. I have had 2 bushys. Shot thousands of rounds a year and no problems. I do not know what you are talking about.

I dont have the specific carbon 15 model, but I have a Bushmaster M4 and I would never consider trading it for any other manufacturer.

All this negative talk about the Bushmaster Carbon 15 got me stirred up. I took mine to the range with about 700 rounds yesterday, mounted a new Simmions 4-18x44 optic on it and zeroed it at 100 yards. Then set a series of targets from 25 yards , 50 yards,75 yards and 100. I then loaded 5 mags at a time and put it through as much hell as I could. Some of the ammo was even Metal cased, which is normally against my morals unless it's Hornady Steel Match. The rest was a mixture of PMC 5.56/.233 and the same in Federal. After running it straight for about a good solid hour I had one malfunction and it was due to a faulty Magazine.
    MY barrel is a 1 in 9" and 6 lands and grooves. I am normally using 55gr, but also some 62grain and it worked like a champ. This is not the first time I have put it through the motions in this fashion and it was holding groups as well as any. So I am still waiting for all this stuff to go wrong...I will be the first to admit when it does, but until then I like my Bushmaster. And I know there are better AR's out there...not saying they are not, but for $700 this is a great little AR. IF you paid more than $700, then you got ripped.
    Bro.Mac
    US Army Veteran
    Desert Storm 90-91'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12