question about chokes

Thread: question about chokes

question about chokes

I have an 870 wingmaster with a non rifled barrel, and a second barrel that accepts chokes. Forgive my ignorance, but can a rifled slug be fired thru a barrel with a choke on the end or only thru the non rifled, no choke barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    I have an 870 wingmaster with a non rifled barrel, and a second barrel that accepts chokes. Forgive my ignorance, but can a rifled slug be fired thru a barrel with a choke on the end or only thru the non rifled, no choke barrel.
    Yes, the slug can be fired thru the barrel with a cylinder bore choke installed.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Thanks I would hate to have a KB in my face!

Generally speaking you can shoot the slug through any choke, but the more open the more accurate it will be. I emailed the ammo company and they gave me the above advice.

You can also get a rifled "choke" tube. I put choke in quotes because the tube in question does not actually provide any degree of choke, i.e. cylendar bore. Such tubes are often called paradox chokes or paradox tubes.

I've put slug throw full chokes and the were pretty accurate , but I've been informed to use an improved cyl. but I havn't tryed it yet !