Ak scope mount
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ak scope mount

Ak scope mount

Anyone have an AK with a dust cover scope mount? Debating whether to use this or get a side mount. I think you'd nave to re-sight the scope either way after cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    Anyone have an AK with a dust cover scope mount? Debating whether to use this or get a side mount. I think you'd nave to re-sight the scope either way after cleaning.
    Stay away from the dust cover mounts. They move around too much. You don't see the Russkies using dust cover mounts. Go with the side mount. If you're installing the fixed hardware yourself, make sure you level the mount to the barrel and not to the dust cover or receiver (which tapers). It's a good rainy day project.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Thanks, i really was leaning toward that goal. UTG has one that has a quick release for the mount. Seems like the way to go.

If price isn't a major point I would go with a primary arms optics pakage or a midwest industries mount. I got a micro dot pakage for mine, that is a bit pricey but is great and well worth the price. It replaces the original wood fore grip and gas tube cover so you don't have to take it off to clean. I have heard that the side mounts can lose zero after cleaning. plus the midwest industries mount is a picatany rail so you can put on a verticle fore grip, laser, light or whatever other cool gadgets you want.

https://www.primaryarms.com/AK_Optic...ages_s/496.htm

Midwest Industries: AK47/74 Handguard

Thanks, i really was leaning toward that goal. UTG has one that has a quick release for the mount. Seems like the way to go.
    I like UTG products and I have one of their side mounts. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by stngray713 View Post
    If price isn't a major point I would go with a primary arms optics pakage or a midwest industries mount. I got a micro dot pakage for mine, that is a bit pricey but is great and well worth the price. It replaces the original wood fore grip and gas tube cover so you don't have to take it off to clean. I have heard that the side mounts can lose zero after cleaning. plus the midwest industries mount is a picatany rail so you can put on a verticle fore grip, laser, light or whatever other cool gadgets you want.

https://www.primaryarms.com/AK_Optic...ages_s/496.htm

Midwest Industries: AK47/74 Handguard
    I've got a Midwest system on one of my Dracos. It's outstanding but it's really only useable with optics that have unlimited eye relief like a red dot. That's what I have on that particular Draco. If you want to use a traditional scope then you realistically need the side mount. Of course you can always do both I replaced all the wood furniture on my Norinco NHM-91 with modern, black Arsenal-style furniture and put a side mount system on it.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I like UTG products and I have one of their side mounts. Good stuff.
    Any chance you have pics? I have new furniture ordered also.

Any chance you have pics? I have new furniture ordered also.
    I'll take a couple and post them.

Look at the Texas Weapons Systems scope mount rail:

KALASHNIKOV RIFLE SCOPE RAIL TOPCOVER (DOG LEG SCOPE RAIL / GEN-2)
    www.inshadowinlight.com
    I don't care as much about making you more "tactical" as I do about making you better able to be the one still standing after the fight is over.

I got my new furniture mounted, & I think I'll just go with a red dot or reflex mounted on the upper handguard. Will see how that goes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast