12 gauge Shotgun shopping
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 gauge Shotgun shopping

12 gauge Shotgun shopping

Hey all,

Any thoughts on shotguns. I'm in the market for a decent but affordable 12 gauge skeet/home defense. I'm sorta on a budget and don't really want to spend more than around $300. I've seen alot of good reviews for the maverick 88, any thoughts? I would love a Remi Versa Max but It's to expensive for me for it will take away from my RRA-LR AR-15 fund. Just looking for something affordable and reliable to keep at home and go kill some clays with my boy.

Thanks for any advice that may come my way.
    "Democracy... is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty ... is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."-- Benjamin Franklin

I have a Mossberg 590 that I think is great! !

Remington 870 for me. Easy to swap barrels, tons of aftermarket parts. I got one for $275 this year. A stalwart of a shotgun that won't fail. I have 18" and 28" barrels.

5. Here is a great option: Mossberg 500 Persuader 18" barrel. For $230 its a steal. The Mossberg 500 is completely made in the USA, but the Mossberg Mavericks contain some parts that are foreign made, thus making them a bit more inferior in quality. That is how they can sell the Mavericks cheaper than the 500s. Here is a link to the best deal I've seen on a 500: 39622 - 12 Gauge Mossberg Special Purpose Persuader/Cruiser Pump Shotgun Black Synthetic Stock Parkerized Finish. Its nice because it has a pistol grip as well as the full stock.

Rem 870 or a Mossy 5-series.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Mossberg, reliable, easy to use and affordable.

Remington 870 very reliable and nice shooting gun.

i own a mossberg 500 and love it, never fails. remi 870's are pretty sweet, pretty easy on the $$$ also and tons of after mods.

Remington 870! The standard that all other pumps guns have tried to achieve.

Mossberg Model 500,or if you can find a used Moosberg Model 835 both are Affordable, and Outstanding Shotgun's

The Model 835 is Chambered in 3 1/2" Magnum.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast