Keltec Su-16C
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keltec Su-16C

Keltec Su-16C

Alright, all you great rifle owners and knowledgeable people!!!! I've recently been thinking of buying a .223 sometime. Perferrably something that takes M16 or other similar form AR mags.

There are two downsides to this:

1. My budget will most likely be around 500 bucks
    2. I looking for something that has capability, but can be stored or folded down to as small of a size as possible.

I'm thinking mostly for something to introduce me more personally to .223 and for the most part as a range toy. It would be nice to have something that has a nice cqb type setup, just for the who knows events. I recently ran across the keltec su-16c, and it sparked my interest. I like the fact that the stock folds up nice and the weapon can still fire. But its keltec, and I really don't know much about their rifles. Has anyone had good experience with this particular model?? Heard anything about it??? Does it feed well??? Do the mags work properly??? Anybody matched it up against traditional models??? I'm not expecting a 1500+ AR, just something as a very low low entry level rifle. :) Incidentally, if anyone else has good suggestions of something else, I'd like to hear it.

Thanks!!!!
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Would you consider a mini 14. They are pretty good rifles and if you shop around you might get one in that price range. I know it doesn't have a folding stock but just thought I would bring it up for a thought.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

4. The Mini 14 is an out standing gun. I built my AR15 from the ground up and I have just over $700.00 in it. If you look around you may be able to build an AR15. for what you have, and you can build it as you get the money. As for the Kel-Tec I do not know much about their rifle but I do like their hand guns.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

I have a SU 16 A and love it. I have also shot several other versions. All funtion great (use only brass ammo,no steel ,poly or alum cases,that's the only finicky thing about them) the M16 and AR 15 mags all work fine.
    Here's mine;

I have not done much to it yet but KT is starting to sell an AR kit for a new pistol grip/stock attachment. Check out the SU thread at KTOG;
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=105

stock kit here;
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...num=1207323179

The poster,ktmw is a KT employee.

This is moderator BamBam's SU w/ AR kit. I got to shoot it last year before the AR kit was installed.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    (George Washington)

http://www.helprebekah.com./

If ya go over there sign up and talk to BamBam. He knows a lot about these things and is very helpful and willing to share.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    (George Washington)

http://www.helprebekah.com./

7. Got to tell you. I went to Ket-Tecís site last night and I am imprested with what I seen, I may put one on my list.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Thanks a bunch!!! I'll have to go over there and chat. I had considered and am still considering the mini 14. However, the keltec seems to be the rival so I thought I would look into it. I must say the one thing that was holding me back on the keltec other than performance was the grip. But, it seems as if KT has fixed that. :) HMMM too many decisions!!!
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

I haven't ever handled one, but have read good things about them. I would sure love to have one.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

KT makes one with built in bye pod.They are a good company with a life time warrenty.Very good customer servce.Have you looked at a ak47 type in 223.

If you haven't already read it, here is a review on the Kel-Tec

http://www.gunblast.com/KelTec-SU16.htm
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast