Help me buy an AK.

Thread: Help me buy an AK.

1. Help me buy an AK.

Just to clarify, I don't know much about them other than that most gun owners rave about their reliability and simplicity. I also know that if I own one that, according to some, I will eventually go on a violent, bloody rampage due to the guns inherent evil "assault weapon" voodoo power.:D That being said....help me in finding the most inexpensive yet reliable AK. I know that there are several variations and I would love everyone's insight. Also, if you all could point me in the direction of where to purchase one for the best price, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Maudi makes a good one .Gun show is also good place to find info.

4. I put mine together. I started with a DPMS lower and built it up from there. It cost me just over $700.00 to build. And the lower is the only thing you have to get from a FFL dealer the rest you can pick up as you get the money for it. The other nice thing about doing it this way is you can build it just the way you like. You can go to ar15.com and look around some good info there
    Last edited by KimberRB; 04-19-2008 at 10:30 PM.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Check out www.classicarms.us. He normally has serveral different makes at a decent price.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

+1 on the gun show.
    That is usually the best place to find most guns. My brother got a Romanian AK for $300 at a gun show last year. People always talk bad about Romanian mfg guns, but my brother never had a problem with his. Those are among the cheaper AK's too. You can always try gunsamerica.com, gunbroker.com but you need an FFL for that. Centerfiresystems.com has one for $285 new, but it's single stack mags only. Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

AIM Surplus has folding stock Romanian WASRs for $350 with 3 30 rd mags as of 04/20/08. Typical low cost AK. Just got one- haven't had time to shoot it. Ugly as a mud fence, but I didn't buy it for elegance. If Red Chinese paratroopers start dropping out of the sky it should do just fine.

The single stack guns are hard to find mags for. Standard cap mags are cheap and ubiquitous.

AAck! Gork! Receiving messages from it- must go on rampage! AAh- there got my grounded tinfoil hat back on to protect my brain from theose evil EBR emanations. Remember- tinfoil hats must be grounded to work.
    Last edited by revjen45; 04-20-2008 at 05:41 PM. Reason: afterthought
    Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat. There ARE things to be feared more than death. The fyrd is a Constitutional imperative.

yes,I am familiar with AIM surplus.They usually have good deals.Also try Southern Ohio Guns,and centerfiresystems,inc.They both carry AK's.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

I have a romanian ak-47 that I bought at the local gun range when I lived in utah. I paid about 360 for it after all was said and done. it's very reliable and very fun... I have 3 40 round mags for it. and I guess I have a strong resistance to evil as I have not yet gone on a shooting/killing rampage. good luck!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Mine is a maudi and it is like a glock. Loose noise and fun to shoot. 350 dollors

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Redding View Post
    Just to clarify, I don't know much about them other than that most gun owners rave about their reliability and simplicity. I also know that if I own one that, according to some, I will eventually go on a violent, bloody rampage due to the guns inherent evil "assault weapon" voodoo power.:D That being said....help me in finding the most inexpensive yet reliable AK. I know that there are several variations and I would love everyone's insight. Also, if you all could point me in the direction of where to purchase one for the best price, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
    I hear Miami has an overabundance of them. Check out each street corner!
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown