What is your favorite long gun and why - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite long gun and why

1. I'm going to fill my truck up.

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    I'm going to fill my truck up.
    It better come in soon or you may not get a full tank out of it! lol
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

love my AK-47 with 3 40rnd mags. talk about fun!!! also always have a lot of fun with my ruger 10/22 stainless with 22inch barrel. cheap to shoot and accurate.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Heavy barrel Model 700 BDL in 7mm-08, the most accurate firearm I've ever shot. I bought the bare rifle in a pawn shop on a whim for $300, the owner had picked it up at a gun show. A previous owner evidently had sprung for a trigger job, and had bedded the action and barrel. I wasn't a fan of barrel bedding, but it definitely worked, at least in this case. Leupold Vari-X II 3X9X50.

Probably even more favorite is my 1895 Marlin, it has accounted for many deer in thick woods and adverse conditions and has always done the job. The 45/70 puts them on the ground. This rifle is surprisingly accurate for what it is, and even has a decent trigger.

There is only 2 out of all my rifles I really enjoy firing. First is my Remington 700 BDL I got in 1971. I even have the Redfield 4 power scope still on her. Next is my first rifle I bought in 1964 for $25.00 at the local hardware store a p17 Enfield. It is still I the military and have used it in CMP matches. This old rifle has even won a few against Springfield 1903.

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Mine are as follows
    SAVAGE 10 FP=Tackdriver:icon_love: .378 center to center at 100 yards with the right ammo
    MOSSBERG 500 Riot Gun=big fun and sore shoulder:huh:
    HK G3A3=expensive day at the range but the grin is worth it.:chees:
    My Marlin .30-30. The gun I've always wanted, now I got one. I RULE

For some reason, I always thought a lever-action was a sexy gun. It's perfect for what I need & ammo is pretty affordable.

For a scattergun, my Remington 870 is the greatest shotgun ever made. Still knocking doves out of the air just like when I bought it used 12 years ago.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

8. Smile best Long Gun

:rolleyesb: By far my favorite is my FN-Fal it rocks!

My favorite shotgun is the Mossberg Persuader 500. My favorite rifle (which I have never owned but have shot) is without a doubt the Ar-15.

My 1903A3 is my favorite long gun. It shoots better than me
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    (George Washington)

http://www.helprebekah.com./

Mine is my Win M70, pre-64 in .270.......have taken so much game with it I have lost count. Always functions perfectly, action is good today as it was 40 years ago, and it has character....was my dad's...I have had it since '68.
    "Never advance cheerfully on your late opponent without reloading. You may have used your last round, and he may not be properly dead and still spiteful." Major Hugh Pollard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast