What is your favorite long gun and why
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite long gun and why

Talking What is your favorite long gun and why

Mine are as follows
    SAVAGE 10 FP=Tackdriver:icon_love: .378 center to center at 100 yards with the right ammo
    MOSSBERG 500 Riot Gun=big fun and sore shoulder:huh:
    HK G3A3=expensive day at the range but the grin is worth it.:chees:
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

My favorite long gun is whichever one is newest. I've only kept a few guns for years, most get sold soon after I get bored with them so I can buy something else. That means the current favorite is the L1A1 that I got about 2 months ago--it's my current project gun. I might even keep it for a while.:7:
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

I currently have 2 favorites:

My Savage 10FLP .308, which shoots sub 1/2 MOA groups with Black Hills 168gr Matchking Ammo or handloads

and

my Rock River Arms AR15 Entry Tactical, which shoots sub 1 MOA groups with every ammo I've tried in it.

I'm currently looking at purchasing a Sig 556.

Right now I'd have to go with my 16" AR15. Mainly cause I built it myself. Nothing like shooting nice groups with a gun build by your own hands.

"When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I would have to say that it is my Remington 700 in 300 WBY. This rifle was made in 1972, and I don't know if Remington has ever offered the 700 in 300 WBY since. Loaded with 82.5 GR of H-4831, 165 GR Nosler partition,CCI 250 primer in a Remington peters case. Off the bags this rifle will shoot a three shot group with all the rounds touching at 100 yards. I have used this rifle on moose and bear in Alaska, Elk in New Mexico and Colorado, hogs in south Texas.

Weatherby in 270 is best long gun, Nikon scope shots better than me. Aslo I have a neat 357 rossi lever gun for hogs here in florida.

My 10/22 followed by my M1 Carbine.

Both are fun to shoot. The 10/22 is fairly accurate out to about 75 yards(2 group at 75 yards). The M1 Carbine is about a 2 group at 25 yards so not so accurate, but a blast to shoot. They are both practical and affordable to shoot.

Talking

:ticking: I currently suffer from BRD (Black Rifle Disease). I own a .223 and my blog shows how the .40 build is coming along. I've gone through an AK and a FAL, but I wanna build an AR in every caliber. My stimulus check went to five new AR lowers! :y: WHOOHOO:icon_great: Talk about stimulation.
    Legalize Freedom!

building an AR on my blog

Of all the long guns I own my favorite two would be my Beretta 1200 18 in 12 guage riot gun and a mini 14 that I ordered at Sears years ago when you could still do that. I have an AR-15 but the mini is so simple and problem free that I would feel comfortable with it when and if something happens.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey View Post
    :ticking: I currently suffer from BRD (Black Rifle Disease). I own a .223 and my blog shows how the .40 build is coming along. I've gone through an AK and a FAL, but I wanna build an AR in every caliber. My stimulus check went to five new AR lowers! :y: WHOOHOO:icon_great: Talk about stimulation.

LOL I'm just waiting for my stimulus also. Then I can start my 6.5 grendel AR build
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast